(A2 English Literature A AQA Coursework: Love throughout the ages)

Watch this thread
Kcaj123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm really struggling to start my English Lit coursework on love throughout the ages. I decided to do the destructive nature of desire and the three texts I'm doing are Othello, On Chesil Beach and A Streetcar Named Desire.

It's 3000 words and due in a few days and I'm feeling pretty uninspired. Would really appreciate any kind of help on what the best elements of the texts are to write about, a decent plan and whether I've even picked the best title for those three novels...

Thanks
Kcaj123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Forgot to add that I'm really not sure how and when I should integrate the views of critics on the texts, any help on that too would be much appreciated... Thanks again
EllainKahlo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I just finished mine a month ago on Streetcar, Othello and The Color Purple. I'd stick to three points if I were you, branching off the destructive nature of desire. I think that's a very difficult title however so maybe you should reconsider it. The most successful titles in my college were always the most predictable ones i.e. presentation of gender, marriage, betrayal etc.

Also, you only really need one example of a critic. It's literally like replacing your own point with theirs, so say the point they made, with a quote and analyse how it can be backed up or how untrue it is and why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.25%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
43.83%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads