The Student Room Group

University of Aberdeen - lack of communication.

Hello, first time using this but I wasn't too sure who else to ask.
Around the 5th of January I accepted my unconditional offer to study Computer Science at Aberdeen University. I'm currently living in Glasgow, so I will have to live in student accommodation - which doesn't bother me whatsoever, I have another problem.
Ever since I accepted my offer, through UCAS, it has said on the 'Track your application' webpage that my place at Aberdeen has been confirmed and they will be in touch shortly - but I haven't heard anything from them in a month?
Anyone else experiencing/experienced this kind of thing?
Thanks
Just be patient and wait. Universities can take time to reply.
Original post by tontastic
Around the 5th of January I accepted my unconditional offer to study Computer Science at Aberdeen University. I'm currently living in Glasgow, so I will have to live in student accommodation - which doesn't bother me whatsoever, I have another problem.
Ever since I accepted my offer, through UCAS, it has said on the 'Track your application' webpage that my place at Aberdeen has been confirmed and they will be in touch shortly - but I haven't heard anything from them in a month?
Thanks

thats perfectly normal. you can see when you can apply for accomodation and look at your options on the university web page
Original post by tontastic
Thanks

At this time of year, it's normal not to hear much from universities. Most people won't have decided on their firm/insurance yet, or won't have all their offers back, so accommodation applications probably won't open for a while yet.

Unless you're invited to an applicant/offer holder day, you could very well not hear anything for a couple of months.

The next thing to do would be to apply for finance, if you want it. In Scotland, this will be done via SAAS- information on how to apply can be found here: http://www.saas.gov.uk/how_to_apply/index.htm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending