The Student Room Group

When do I Apply?

Hi!

I have been given an deferred offer for medicine to study medicine starting from September 2016. Do I have to apply for student finance now or next year?

Also, I did not originally apply for deferred entry so if I get any other offers, they will be for September 2015. I have not made a firm/insurance choice so I am confused if I have to apply this year if I pick the deferred offer as my first choice.

Also I accidently entered the wrong place of birth in the online application form - my place of birth is different in my passport. I am not able to change this information online on the application change details page. How do I change this?

Please can you advise me on the above.

Thank you. :smile:
Hi There,

If you're course is not starting until September 2016 then you should not apply just now as the applications will not be available until early next year. If you decide to do a course starting this September 2015, then you can apply online now for 2015/16.

If you've provided the incorrect place of birth, please send in a letter to advise of this along with a copy of your passport.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi There,

If you're course is not starting until September 2016 then you should not apply just now as the applications will not be available until early next year. If you decide to do a course starting this September 2015, then you can apply online now for 2015/16.

If you've provided the incorrect place of birth, please send in a letter to advise of this along with a copy of your passport.

Thanks

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

Please could you provide me address details of where I can send a letter to, to correct my incorrect date of birth. If an email address is available for contact, that would be more preferable for me.

Thank you!
Hi there.

We do not correspond by e-mail and would require evidence in the post. The address is:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending