The Student Room Group

UK or EU Residency proof?

Hi, I've a concern relating to my application. My course has already started with the OU, so I'm quite panicked about sorting out the Student Finance application. I've been a resident in the UK for a few years, though was previously a resident of Spain (with Spanish passport). Student Finance have requested that I show a 'UK proof of residency' form, dating from 2010 to 2013. However, I have no proof back-dating to 2010 because I couldn't open a bank account in the UK! I worked the summer seasons in Spain and came back to the UK to live every winter. I'm at a loss, and very confused with the UK/EU residency requirements. Please can you advise me on what I can do? I have bank proof from Spain- is this accepted?
Hi There,

In order for you to be eligible to receive funding from SFE we require 3 years of residency evidence confirming where you've lived in the UK for the past 3 years.

However, as your doing an OU course you're classed as a part time student and part time SFE and EU students will receive the same level of funding (tuition fee loan only).

You should apply as an EU student, the form is available to print from the website. http://bit.ly/1KulBVN

Thanks
Reply 2
Thanks very much Mark,
So just to clarify, how long do I need to be a UK resident to apply as an EU student?
Hi again,

You must have lived within the EEA for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course to apply as an EU student.

Thanks.
Reply 4
Hi MarkAre you still eligible for EU finance if you weren’t but if your parents were living in the EEA for three years prior to the starting course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending