The Student Room Group

Which A Levels should I pick??

Please help!
I would have never thought I would struggle to choose between subjects since I hate everything but surprise! I am :frown:

These are my options right now:

Maths (Double) - basically Maths & FM

Physics

Ancient History

Economics

Philosophy

Business Studies

So, what do you think I should pick? I know for sure I am not dropping Maths & I definitely want to do further too since I'm aiming for those top uni's...
I don't like science but Physics is alright & interesting... It will also give me wider options for degrees.
Ancient History just sounds fun lol :tongue:
Economics was what I wanted to take for University but I'm not even sure anymore... But I want to take it as it seems useful lol
Philosophy sounds epic! I'm a deep person and I love talking/writing about anything I believe in and "philosophical" stuff... Also respect to Plato!
Er... Just put Business Studies up there because it looks good & interesting. Seems like it would be helpful to know about how businesses work & stuff.

So... It's a lot & I want to narrow it down to 3 or 4! Double Maths can be counted as one subject lol

It is so difficult to choose, especially with the new A level system where you can't drop certain subjects since you won't get an AS qualification -_-

PLS HELP I BEG

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should pick ones you want to do
Reply 2
Don't take Economics and business together. Econ is more respected so I'd chose that if I were you, but it's your choice.

Maths and Physics is a good combination, especially as there's so much overlap.

Are you sure Maths and FM are counted as one subject? At my college, it's counted as two as you have to do two maths lessons a day to get through all the work in time.

You could always chose 5 (mad I know) but then drop one a few weeks in once you have a feel for the subjects, so then you're only doing 4.
Reply 3
Original post by kid_kangaroo
Please help!
I would have never thought I would struggle to choose between subjects since I hate everything but surprise! I am :frown:

These are my options right now:

Maths (Double) - basically Maths & FM

Physics

Ancient History

Economics

Philosophy

Business Studies

So, what do you think I should pick? I know for sure I am not dropping Maths & I definitely want to do further too since I'm aiming for those top uni's...
I don't like science but Physics is alright & interesting... It will also give me wider options for degrees.
Ancient History just sounds fun lol :tongue:
Economics was what I wanted to take for University but I'm not even sure anymore... But I want to take it as it seems useful lol
Philosophy sounds epic! I'm a deep person and I love talking/writing about anything I believe in and "philosophical" stuff... Also respect to Plato!
Er... Just put Business Studies up there because it looks good & interesting. Seems like it would be helpful to know about how businesses work & stuff.

So... It's a lot & I want to narrow it down to 3 or 4! Double Maths can be counted as one subject lol

It is so difficult to choose, especially with the new A level system where you can't drop certain subjects since you won't get an AS qualification -_-

PLS HELP I BEG

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths F Maths Physics Economics Philosophy is a bloody good combination of subjects. You can go into engineering, PPE, economics, maths, physics, philosophy ... Other areas are also available to you but I can't think of them at the top of my head lol

Business Studies & Ancient history are no nos unless you a) want to go into business or b) you want to go into a history degree... In which case history would be a better a level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha ha yeah double Maths is regarded as two subjects but in my school they're combining is as just one option, get me? XD

Yeah thanks guys for your help!

I think I'm gonna listen to MrJAKEE lol, thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You want to study Economics at university but you're not sure. I would think Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics would be a strong combination. You will need such a combination to get into Economics at top rated universities like Oxbridge, LSE and UCL. An Economics degree from those universities will be very useful.

Quick Reply

Latest