University offers. Watch

david.willis90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I recently got an offer from the University of Bristol for Biochemistry. I'm currently studying an Access to HE: Science (Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics) along side with resitting A-level examinations and GCSE English and Mathematics. The conditions for my offer were 30 distinctions, 12 in chemistry and 12 in another science or math and the rest at merit. I am on track for this. I only have a D in English language. However, I was wondering if I were to drop GCSE English language would effect my offer?
Teh Smart One
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check the University's grade requirements for Biochemistry and if it asks especially for English language to be a C+ or something then yes. However if you've already got an offer, I doubt it. To be sure, just check track and see what they are asking you for.
david.willis90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Teh Smart One)
Check the University's grade requirements for Biochemistry and if it asks especially for English language to be a C+ or something then yes. However if you've already got an offer, I doubt it. To be sure, just check track and see what they are asking you for.
Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining Access to HE Diploma 30 credits at Distinction, including 12 credits in Chemistry and 12 credits in one other science or Maths, and 15 credits at Merit.
This is all it says, I ask because I was telling my English teacher and he says check with them.
kathykathykathy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could you call Bristol to ask? Most unis, particularly prestigious ones, want students to at least have a grade C in English. I wouldn't drop it because it's important for jobs and pretty much every university course.

Why are you resitting A-Levels alongside an Access course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed