The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Coursework Help

I just started my coursework for Geography and it's about tourism in Malhamdale. The key question is Does tourism have a positive or negative effect on Malhamdale? the trouble is I dont know how to analyse my comparison graphs for EQI vs Tourist Count and Management Score vs Tourist Count. These are both High control so the teacher cannot help me so any help on analysing the graphs.

Also I'm having trouble introducing the piece I have the structure on how to but just cant put it together:
.Background Info
.Describe Malham
.Location of Malham (Map of Uk, Map of Yorkshire Dales, Map of Malhamdale with a compass point and scale)
.What is Malhamdale like?
. Who visits Malham and why
. What do you expect to find (Butler's Model)
. Why is Malham a good place to use for a tourism study

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Firstly, check your exam board website, there you'll find the specification which should contain a generic mark scheme.

Geography coursework is really arduous! Mine was 22 pages long! For the graphs use the description technique (also useful in exams):

G General
C Comment - say what you see
S Something Specific - quote
E Exception - opposing quote

Most of your list seems to be for your introduction pages. Where is Malham on the Butler Model in your opinion? What has happened in recent years to reflect this? What has the effect of these recet events been on the local residents?

Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending