How flexible is Cardiff university offers wise? Watch

jjdaniels
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have received an offer from Cardiff to study law with criminology this september.
They've offered me AAB, however, my target grades are ABB and it's very unlikely I will achieve the offer grades of AAB.

Just wondering if anyone knows from past experiences how flexible they are with letting people in? Like if I get ABB instead of AAB are they still likely to let me in or not? I would love to go there, but just don't know if it's a risk putting it as my firm choice as the grades that they want are almost unachievable.

Any help would be appreciated so much, I'm new to all of this!

Thanks!
Mavisx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh you should see my offer... Last year I did pretty bad and ended up with B,E,D but I know I better than that, anyway, my predicted grade is A,C,C and t hey offered me AAB for a foundation course .. I don't know what trick they playing here...
GeogBerry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jjdaniels)
I have received an offer from Cardiff to study law with criminology this september.
They've offered me AAB, however, my target grades are ABB and it's very unlikely I will achieve the offer grades of AAB.

Just wondering if anyone knows from past experiences how flexible they are with letting people in? Like if I get ABB instead of AAB are they still likely to let me in or not? I would love to go there, but just don't know if it's a risk putting it as my firm choice as the grades that they want are almost unachievable.

Any help would be appreciated so much, I'm new to all of this!

Thanks!
Put them as your firm. Only some courses (like psychology, history, straight law courses and the obvious medicine ect) at Cardiff are strict about offers. Whilst I know people who didn't get in with ABB for straight law this year, I know people who applied for joint honours courses (specifically with languages and criminology) and got in with ABB
pandoramonkey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Two of my friends study L.L.B LAW at Cardiff University, one got in with 3 straight A's and one of them got in with BBC (without clearing) I think it just depends how competitive the course will be this year. I went to the Law and Criminology open day too and it was prettyyyy fuuuuullllllllll so seems like there is a lot of competition tbh.

PS: Cardiff Uni has also offered me AAB, even though i definitely wont get in loooool.
SiriolEleri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently in my third year at Cardiff, and they're usually pretty flexible with grades The only thing I'd say is that criminology is super popular at Cardiff, so sometimes they're less flexible for that course (by the way I study in the School of Social Sciences where they teach criminology). Probably depends on how competitive law is this year too though. At least for Criminology I know they give preference to applicants who put Cardiff as their first choice - they'd rather take someone with slightly lower grades that really wants to go there than someone with better grades that applied through clearing! Hope this helped, and good luck!
GymLad78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SiriolEleri)
I'm currently in my third year at Cardiff, and they're usually pretty flexible with grades The only thing I'd say is that criminology is super popular at Cardiff, so sometimes they're less flexible for that course (by the way I study in the School of Social Sciences where they teach criminology). Probably depends on how competitive law is this year too though. At least for Criminology I know they give preference to applicants who put Cardiff as their first choice - they'd rather take someone with slightly lower grades that really wants to go there than someone with better grades that applied through clearing! Hope this helped, and good luck!
any idea about how flexible they are with Business Management??
SiriolEleri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GymLad78)
any idea about how flexible they are with Business Management??
I think the whole university is generally pretty flexible, but I'm not sure about Business Management specifically, sorry!
GymLad78
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the whole university is generally pretty flexible, but I'm not sure about Business Management specifically, sorry!
no worries, thanks anyway
mardimont
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! Do you know if they're also flexible with grades for second year transfer students??I've got a conditional offer for the English Language course (to enter second year) and I don't know if I'll meet the conditions they gave me :/
mrbenrice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was offered (incredibly) BBB to do chemistry last year, and still got in with BCC. Also, I know a medic who unbelievably got in with BBB (with an AAA offer) - obviously medicine is usually renowned for its strictness towards grades.
Terk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mrbenrice)
I was offered (incredibly) BBB to do chemistry last year, and still got in with BCC. Also, I know a medic who unbelievably got in with BBB (with an AAA offer) - obviously medicine is usually renowned for its strictness towards grades.
Did you call them up to let you in, like you were initially rejected or did it was on your UCAS accepted? coz im gonna be in china on results day lol thanks
Pippa3105
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you know if anyone got in to study Psychology (with placement year) or just psychology in general at cardiff with lower grades than their offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)