The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Universtiy of Salford - Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology

has anyone here applied for Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology? I don't know whether to firm Salford or Nottingham Trent University for Zoo Biology :/

is anyone able to tell me if the campus at Salford is good and what it's like? I think my course will be at Peel Park Campus. I'm dreading the moment I have to make my decision :eek:

Please help me! :p:(:s-smilie:
Original post by KayleighGrennan
has anyone here applied for Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology? I don't know whether to firm Salford or Nottingham Trent University for Zoo Biology :/

is anyone able to tell me if the campus at Salford is good and what it's like? I think my course will be at Peel Park Campus. I'm dreading the moment I have to make my decision :eek:

Please help me! :p:(:s-smilie:

Hi

Firstly, I've moved your thread to the university of Salford sub-forum, as I think people who will be able to tell you more about the campus etc. will be more likely to see it here.

As someone who recently graduated from Animal Behaviour and Welfare, I would say look very closely at the course content. A lot of courses in this sort of area will vary a lot in courses content- so chose the one with the better course for you. However, I'd also be wary of anything too narrow- there are a wide range of animal related jobs out there, but if you narrow yourself down too much, you might miss out on certain opportunities.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Hi

Firstly, I've moved your thread to the university of Salford sub-forum, as I think people who will be able to tell you more about the campus etc. will be more likely to see it here.

As someone who recently graduated from Animal Behaviour and Welfare, I would say look very closely at the course content. A lot of courses in this sort of area will vary a lot in courses content- so chose the one with the better course for you. However, I'd also be wary of anything too narrow- there are a wide range of animal related jobs out there, but if you narrow yourself down too much, you might miss out on certain opportunities.

I didn't know there was a thread for Salford. and I've looked at NTU and Salford course content thoroughly and stuck on which I prefer. I just don't know what course is better for me
I didn't know there was a thread for Salford. and I've looked at NTU and Salford course content thoroughly and stuck on which I prefer. I just don't know what course is better for me

Well, you've still got plenty of time to chose. Are you able to visit the unis again?
Reply 4

I literally just posted this in another topic, so excuse the copy & paste but...

I really like the campus (there are lots of green spaces and a huge park next to it), and the buildings have been redone quite recently. There's currently a new block of accommodation and a large university building being built on the main campus so if you go to see you'll have to look beyond the building work a bit, but it's nice that they're always improving. The building on Salford Quays is really impressive.

The SU is decent, bit expensive, and there's a grassy area outside where students tend to congregate after exams in May.

I'm not sure what else to say... I've been at Salford for 3 years and I'm in my final year now. If you have any questions feel free to ask (quote me or I won't notice). :smile:
Original post by k3ro
I literally just posted this in another topic, so excuse the copy & paste but...

I really like the campus (there are lots of green spaces and a huge park next to it), and the buildings have been redone quite recently. There's currently a new block of accommodation and a large university building being built on the main campus so if you go to see you'll have to look beyond the building work a bit, but it's nice that they're always improving. The building on Salford Quays is really impressive.

The SU is decent, bit expensive, and there's a grassy area outside where students tend to congregate after exams in May.

I'm not sure what else to say... I've been at Salford for 3 years and I'm in my final year now. If you have any questions feel free to ask (quote me or I won't notice). :smile:

you've helped me quite a bit! thank you :smile:
so is Salford really good? specifically for Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology? I will be visiting in March, but I'm worried I'll get my last offer before the open day, so I want as much information as I can about Salford. I've heard a few people on TSR saying that Salford isn't good for their course. so sorry!
Reply 6
you've helped me quite a bit! thank you :smile:
so is Salford really good? specifically for Wildlife Conservation with Zoo Biology? I will be visiting in March, but I'm worried I'll get my last offer before the open day, so I want as much information as I can about Salford. I've heard a few people on TSR saying that Salford isn't good for their course. so sorry!

This is TSR , where a grade B is a fail and any university that isn't Oxbridge or a Russell group is 'inferior'. Take what people say with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

One of my closest friends is on the wildlife conversation course, actually. He just got back from a trip to Costa Rica (!!! i was so jealous). He also spent his third year doing an industry placement which he loved a lot (and they offered him a job for when he graduates). Other than the placement and the trips (they go on quite a few as i recall) I don't know a whole lot about his course -- I've just sent him a text asking for pros/cons/opinions of the course and I'll drop you a message or quote you on here when he gets back to me. :smile:

EDIT: sent you a message. hope it helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi :smile: I'm starting the same course at. Salford in September. Did you decide to go there in the end? One of my friends did the course a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I went to the opening evening for the course and the campus was nice, not as modern as the media city one but I liked it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending