The Student Room Group

Mom...Dad... I have a boyfriend!

Hey guys! I'm sure this subject has been mentioned before many times but, here's the deal..

My parents are extremely strict. I have no way to convince them to do things, to them all that I say is wrong. I've had a boyfriend before, that my parents knew of except he was from the original country that my parents are from, too. Long story short - they allowed me to date him because they wanted me to want to go to our "home-country".

A few months back, I met this amazing guy, and it might seem cliché, but I know for a fact that I've never had this type of "love" for anyone... It's really hard for us to meet each other - it's possible, except it's not. My parents call me 24/7, need to know where I am, give me the amount of money and if I spend any, I'll need to tell them how much I spent, after college I MUST -and I really mean this- go straight home.

I'm sick and tired of having to act like I'm not a normal teenager who is stupidly in love with a guy, you know? I just can't find my way around things. In two months time, I'll be 17 - how is this normal please???

Do you guys think you could help me in anyway to try and find my way around telling my never-seen-before-and-unbelievably strict parents about my boyfriend? :afraid::zomg:
Reply 1
wowwwww sounds tough, whilst my parents aren't as strict as yours there has always been similar problems in my life!

So one day I wrote them a letter (a very long one) and told them how I felt and how I am growing up and how they will eventually have to let go! They loosened up considerably!

Just a suggestion, hope it helps!

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx
Here's what you do:
1.tell your parents to mind their own mother****ing business
2. get kicked out of the house
3.live on the streets and date whoever you want.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys! I'm sure this subject has been mentioned before many times but, here's the deal..

My parents are extremely strict. I have no way to convince them to do things, to them all that I say is wrong. I've had a boyfriend before, that my parents knew of except he was from the original country that my parents are from, too. Long story short - they allowed me to date him because they wanted me to want to go to our "home-country".

A few months back, I met this amazing guy, and it might seem cliché, but I know for a fact that I've never had this type of "love" for anyone... It's really hard for us to meet each other - it's possible, except it's not. My parents call me 24/7, need to know where I am, give me the amount of money and if I spend any, I'll need to tell them how much I spent, after college I MUST -and I really mean this- go straight home.

I'm sick and tired of having to act like I'm not a normal teenager who is stupidly in love with a guy, you know? I just can't find my way around things. In two months time, I'll be 17 - how is this normal please???

Do you guys think you could help me in anyway to try and find my way around telling my never-seen-before-and-unbelievably strict parents about my boyfriend? :afraid::zomg:
Lionheart isn't too far off the mark. Get kicked out of your house, stay with a friend/your boyfriend for a while. If you're legally homeless you'll be prioritised for housing.
1st step tell them how you feel, and what parsyyy said.

2nd option - Just wait until you get to university, they can't control you as much then, +What are they going to do tell you, you can't go out and party, haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending