The Student Room Group
Original post by cvraman
Hi guys, so I basically did really badly on Paper 1 (diffusion) and I really want to do well on Paper 2 so that I can boost up my grade to atleast an A. Can someone please tell me what case studies and questions came up on Paper 2. It would be really really really helpful :smile:

I don't think we're allowed to tell answers or questions or anything on TSR. Could I ask what your mark (or if you don't want to say then a range is fine) for your paper 1 is? You may still have a chance to access the higher grades such as A/A*.
My first ISA was also biology and last year I got a B so I was really disappointed but I found out my mark this year for my ISA which I did again and I got 47/50, so hopefully it'll be an A*, so if I can do it, so can you!
I'm sorry I can't help you much with Diffusion, but look at this:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ADDSCI-BIOL-W-SCA-BU2.PDF

I know it's a different experiment, but learn the mark scheme and what it requires to gain all the marks.
With diffusion, make sure you comment on all the case studies! Remember if the independent variable is different from the one in your hypothesis, then it is IRRELEVANT!
I'm sorry I couldn't help much but I will dig out my old biology books from last year and see if there's anything useful in that
Original post by cvraman
Hi guys, so I basically did really badly on Paper 1 (diffusion) and I really want to do well on Paper 2 so that I can boost up my grade to atleast an A. Can someone please tell me what case studies and questions came up on Paper 2. It would be really really really helpful :smile:

Please do not attempt to access the 2014 exam series on TSR. These papers are being used for mock exams so, to avoid the spread of these papers on TSR, it is against the rules to ask for access to this paper or details of this paper.
If people had access to the paper before doing a mock then it wouldn't be a true mock exam and would therefore defeat the purpose. These are set for your benefit, so please use your mocks effectively as a real exam (in which you wouldn't know the questions or answers).

Please do not ask for or supply any of these exams, mark schemes or individual questions/answers. If you have any questions then please PM me.

Latest