The Student Room Group

When do most people start revision (A2s) ?

Poll

When are you starting revision for the May/June exams?

At the moment, I've just been getting all my homework done but haven't started any proper revision for any of my A2 subjects (maths/physics/chemistry/further maths). I have offers of A*A*A so I feel I should start revision, but keep getting distracted by these new TV shows/series I've started watching :cool:

When are you guys starting revision, or if you've already started, how much are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

Already started 2 hours a night
Reply 2
Well, when did you start revising for AS?
Should have started over Christmas but still have not....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Artimus
Well, when did you start revising for AS?

Easter, but was doing loads of intensive revision from then on and ended up with all As
Original post by BP_Tranquility
At the moment, I've just been getting all my homework done but haven't started any proper revision for any of my A2 subjects (maths/physics/chemistry/further maths). I have offers of A*A*A so I feel I should start revision, but keep getting distracted by these new TV shows/series I've started watching :cool:

When are you guys starting revision, or if you've already started, how much are you doing?

I remember starting in january, then taking a break after my mocks... for about 3 months and then started again :wink: good luck
You need to learn to multitask. I've just started proper revision of my A2's and my rewatch of Battlestar Galactica :rolleyes:.
lool now cuh, received my mock results today and I got AAE in maths, chem and phys...this is more than an indication that I need to start intensive revision if I want a decent grade in the summer
Original post by loperdoper
You need to learn to multitask. I've just started proper revision of my A2's and my rewatch of Battlestar Galactica :rolleyes:.

when I start watching series the word multi tasking becomes non-existent so I just wait till summer before I start watching any series
Original post by precious maro
lool now cuh, received my mock results today and I got AAE in maths, chem and phys...this is more than an indication that I need to start intensive revision if I want a decent grade in the summer

Ah, my mocks weren't that useful since they all used a past paper that was on the exam boards' websites (Jan 2013 I think) so I already knew how to do the questions as I had practiced a few past papers for revision :redface:
Easter, but was doing loads of intensive revision from then on and ended up with all As

A belated congratulations are in order. :biggrin:
Ah, my mocks weren't that useful since they all used a past paper that was on the exam boards' websites (Jan 2013 I think) so I already knew how to do the questions as I had practiced a few past papers for revision :redface:

oh I see, we did the june 2014 ones, intense revision from now on anyways...not taking any chances lool
I have already started my revision for A2s however I didn't start AS revision till Easter. But for some reason I feel as if I don't have enough time to revise... Anyone else feel like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Artimus
A belated congratulations are in order. :biggrin:

I did have to work loads though, not sure if I want to repeat that again this time lol (also, I'm relieved of some of the pressure since I don't have to get really high UMS which I needed for my Cambridge application, but since I didn't get in, I don't feel as motivated now :redface: )
Reply 14

Your subjects are quite difficult and your offer grades are really high so I'm surprised you've left it this long but it's never too late. I started from around October and do about an hour and sometimes an hour and a half a day. Remember it's the quality not the quantity that matters. I've seen people revise like 3 hours a day and still are not able to recall for anything but then some do barely any revision and seem to know everything 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did have to work loads though, not sure if I want to repeat that again this time lol (also, I'm relieved of some of the pressure since I don't have to get really high UMS which I needed for my Cambridge application, but since I didn't get in, I don't feel as motivated now :redface: )

That is a shame, what did you apply for?
Original post by r-t
Your subjects are quite difficult and your offer grades are really high so I'm surprised you've left it this long but it's never too late. I started from around October and do about an hour and sometimes an hour and a half a day. Remember it's the quality not the quantity that matters. I've seen people revise like 3 hours a day and still are not able to recall for anything but then some do barely any revision and seem to know everything 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, thanks - what subjects do you do if you dont mind me asking and how much homework do you get per week? That's the thing which uses up a lot of my time

Posted from TSR Mobile
I revised the night/morning before for AS. I plan to start revising from now for a2 thought because this year is a different beast entirely.
I start early February, simply because the subjects I study don't need much input (I study law, ICT and RE) unlike subjects like maths, chem, bio and physics haha... I could easily get As if I carry on doing 3 hours everyday from the beginning of Feb until May 14th (my first retake exam lol)
Reply 19
During AS- I left revision really late: around April :frown: (Probably why I got rubbish results: B-Psychology,C-English Lit, D-Biology, and E-Chemistry)

This year; A2- I started my revision Mid January (12 to be exact)
:smile: and I've been doing around, 2 hrs -> 3 hrs (depending on what subject is on my revision time table i.e. some days, I only have to do a past paper, so it only takes 1 hr and 30 mins. plus marking time)

I'm motivated to get straight A's and A*'s in my A2 exams and AS re-sits (except English Lit...because that subject is so hard plus the unseen text)
If I get those grades, I should be able to come out with AAB-ABB (Psychology,Biology and English Lit)!!!:biggrin: ~and may even have a chance to go through adjustment :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest