Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd let everyone know a great site which I use all the time (sorry if you all know about it). www.cdwow.com is absolutely excellent. All chart CDs plus loads of others for just £8.99 including P&P. They arrive within 4-7 days. They also do loads of cheap DVDs (make sure you buy the right region though - Region 2 for UK DVD players). You can save so much on this site instead of going to the shops. It's not all chart stuff either, there's loads of Rock, Dance, Compilations, Soundtracks. Almost anything u want! Check it out if u haven't already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    Just thought I'd let everyone know a great site which I use all the time (sorry if you all know about it). www.cdwow.com is absolutely excellent. All chart CDs plus loads of others for just £8.99 including P&P. They arrive within 4-7 days. They also do loads of cheap DVDs (make sure you buy the right region though - Region 2 for UK DVD players). You can save so much on this site instead of going to the shops. It's not all chart stuff either, there's loads of Rock, Dance, Compilations, Soundtracks. Almost anything u want! Check it out if u haven't already.

They are fabulous! Been using them for about 2 years now. It's not as good as it used to be now that they'er operating out of the far East, but it's still better than any other site I've come across.

ReputationRep:
    I equally like www.cdwow.com and www.play.com

Cdwow is sometimes cheaper, but play have a different range of cd's. If you can't find a cd on cdwow, try play. Both have free p&p which is serioulsy great!

ReputationRep:
    its quite good, the dvds are cheap except for the uk region ones.

ReputationRep:
    I always buy my cds on the internet. Shops are just a rip off. They can't even match the internet price when they have a sale!!

ReputationRep:
    Just a note to anyone thinking of buying from CDwow. Because it is not always the British versions which ship, there may be different tracks on it. I've just received the Keane album from CDWow and it has only 11 tracks whereas the British one has 12. I've checked on Play.com and their Keane album has 12 tracks. Just thought I'd let u know before u make the same mistake as me!

ReputationRep:
    I bought my Keane album from Amazon.co.uk for just £8.49. Normally u gotta pay p&p but I spent over £25 (got the Breed 77 album aswell - it's very good!) which means p&p is free! w00t!

Luckily it has all 12 tracks. Unfortunately, they don't sound half as good as when I saw Keane live. Can't stop now is my favourite song off the album, followed closely by She has no time. Beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I equally like www.cdwow.com and www.play.com

Cdwow is sometimes cheaper, but play have a different range of cd's. If you can't find a cd on cdwow, try play. Both have free p&p which is serioulsy great!
    Those two sites are great. I've been with them for 3 years now.

ReputationRep:
    Just a note to anyone thinking of buying from CDwow. Because it is not always the British versions which ship, there may be different tracks on it. I've just received the Keane album from CDWow and it has only 11 tracks whereas the British one has 12. I've checked on Play.com and their Keane album has 12 tracks. Just thought I'd let u know before u make the same mistake as me!
    May be they had to resort on local stock to meet demand, 'cos mine has 12 track on it - came last week...

Somewhere Only We Know; Bend and Break; We Might As Well Be Strangers; Everybody's Changing; Your Eyes Open; She Has No Time; Can't Stop Now; Sunshine; This is the Last Time; On A Day Like Today; Untitled I; Bedshaped

ReputationRep:
    try http://www.cdjungle.com
    they tend to be slightly cheaper than cd wow

ReputationRep:
    excllent site indeed

ReputationRep:
    yea, its a gr8 site. its a pity about play.com coz they were excellent.

ReputationRep:
    cdwow - love them to pieces. i had an email from them recently saying that they were going to have to put a surcharge on for UK customers (only a £ or something) but i didnt see any evidence of it last time i got somethign off there. look out for special asian editions as theyre often excellent... i remember a couple of years ago buying the last kylie album off cdwow for £8 and when it arrived it was the special asian edition with a dvd and cd of extra tracks (they were selling it as an import on amazon for £20+).
    they really show amazon up with the free post all the way from hong kong!!! amazon will charge you £3, take twice as long, and theyre coming from reading or somewhere!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    amazon will charge you £3, take twice as long, and theyre coming from reading or somewhere!!!
    Amazon's DC is just outside Milton Keynes... and yes it's very annoying, especially as I live 10 minutes away from it and they won't let you collect from there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeSuS_sLiCeR)
    yea, its a gr8 site. its a pity about play.com coz they were excellent.
    Why is it a pity? They are still excellent... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    new question:

anyone cancelled orders with cdwow before? are they ok with it + did they refund you quickly?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i prefer play.com. i use them to buy the majoirty of my CD's and DVD's (used to use splashdvd for DVDs but i stopped buying from them becasue they messed me around with an order and then they went bankrupt).

ReputationRep:
    Prefer Amazon, usually cheaper. Even if they aren't the marketplace sellers are just as good... shipping within 24hrs and cheaper....

if all fails, eBay is fantastic... and before anyone starts about not receiving, high postage or not good quality CD's... lies all of it lies...

I'm a seller myself! (all my own CD's saving for uni! - well since i got me iPod)

ReputationRep:
    cheers

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.