falling in love Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i'm really falling in love with my boyfriend. it's an amazing feeling and something that i can't even begin to describe. he is the first person that i have ever felt this deeply for, and although we haven't been together long, we feel the same way. we get along so well in every way - he makes me laugh, i fancy him stupid, i can't stop thinking about him when i'm not with him, he is an amazing friend and he has just changed my life so much.

the feeling i can't cope with is that one day in the future we may break up. i literally want to burst into tears when thinking about this. obviously, 99% of the time i just enjoy the feelings of love that i have for him and the way it feels when i am with him, but i just feel such a deep bond with him and adoration for him that i want to cry if i imagine us ever breaking up!

does anybody else feel this way about their girlfriend/boyfriend?
zoemunro
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
always i am so para about my bf leaving me its something you need to get over and trust him that he wont as otherwise you will get jealous and all that and the worry will drive him away
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by zoemunro)
always i am so para about my bf leaving me its something you need to get over and trust him that he wont as otherwise you will get jealous and all that and the worry will drive him away
it's not really paranoia at all because our relationship is going really well and we've talked about how we think we'll be together for a long time. it's just more like envisioning us breaking up one day in the future... and all the effort i have put in and these huge feelings i have for him almost seem to overwhelm me. i never knew love could feel like this! i just don't know how i'd cope if we were ever to split. i can't cope thinking about it, it makes me cry!
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
I feel exactly the same. I've been with my boyfriend a month and never felt so happy. In theory. In reality, I think its making me miserable. He's my first proper boyfriend, so I'm trying not to fall too in love, in fear of it all ending. I can't help it though. I just can't understand why he's with me. He lives 200 miles away and I am the least confident/intersting peron on earth. I'm boring. But yet, he's lovely to me and is here for me. Though I can't get it out of my mind that there's nothing stopping him having a girlfriend when he goes home. Just wish I could get rid of this insecurity, I feel so embarrassed.
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
i still get like that and i been with my boyfriend for 11 months. It literally makes me cry thinking about it.
xx Lotz xx
Report 12 years ago
oh my gosh, u know what chick u jus summed up my feelings for my boyfriend in 1!!!! I'm sorta in shock actually!! But i hava major problem, i met my boyfirend because he's doing work down here temporarily, he's been here months now, best months of my life may i add, but he'll be returning home by christmas. He tells me he's goin 2 stay wit me n i have no worries he won't to be honest, but i just know its gona be so hard, n i don't wana loose him. I really have fallen head over heels for this guy!! Any advice on long distance relationships?!?!?!?! X x X x X
HerRoyalHighness
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
I can totally sympethise, I love my partner so much and I couldn't imagine not being with him. However, relationships can fail. What you got to do, is work hard at it and enjoy it-Don't worry about the 'what ifs'.
Timeslikethese
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm really falling in love with my boyfriend. it's an amazing feeling and something that i can't even begin to describe. he is the first person that i have ever felt this deeply for, and although we haven't been together long, we feel the same way. we get along so well in every way - he makes me laugh, i fancy him stupid, i can't stop thinking about him when i'm not with him, he is an amazing friend and he has just changed my life so much.

the feeling i can't cope with is that one day in the future we may break up. i literally want to burst into tears when thinking about this. obviously, 99% of the time i just enjoy the feelings of love that i have for him and the way it feels when i am with him, but i just feel such a deep bond with him and adoration for him that i want to cry if i imagine us ever breaking up!

does anybody else feel this way about their girlfriend/boyfriend?

Yep! That's love.

I'm afraid of him dying more than anything, I mean - if he left me then at least he'd still be alive and well. Gosh i'm a morbid soul at times.
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have loved my girlfriend for almost 1.75 years. Even today, I fear that we may break up especially after all the highs and lows we have been through together.
giwtis10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, you should enjoy the wonder of love with your boyfriend and not thinking the day (which will may never come) which this might end...There is no reason for the sad face on your thread...You are so lucky you found someone, maybe the one
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Part of love is the fear that one day you may lose that person. Like Timeslikethese I'm afraid of my other half dying, not our relationship ended.

It's perfectly normal to worry about it, but try not to dwell on it too much.
redshoes4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for those of u worries about long distance relationships just wanted to let u know they can really work. i didnt know my boyfriend that long before he went away(2 month) but it was pretty intense in that time and i completely fell for him. now we're doing the whole long distance thing and i am still as happy as ever. sometimes its frustrating not being close to the one person u really want to but it just makes u realise how much u really love them. just make sure u are honest about everything as arguments in long distance relationships are really hard- if u fight it is easy to brush things under the carpet when really u need to address them and then it is never quite resolved and that doesnt bode well for a relationship! good luck lotz!! thing is i now that me and my bf will not be together for ever because there are several reasons why we cant and at first i found it really hard and held back my feelings for him but then couldnt help myself. now i just try not to think about the future too hard and just enjoy what we have now as if u cant do that there's no point doing it at all. x
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i get scared.. i've been at uni about a month & 1/2 and im sure im accidentally pushing him away cos im feeling really poo at the moment just generally and i want to be with him forever but at the same point, cos of how im acting its easy to think he'll find someone else and the possible thought of that makes me cry everytime.

I know i just need to think of the 'now' and enjoy it which is what you should do - even though its easier said than done.
Radiance
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Enjoy for now. You never know what happens in the future..

If you think of a breakup this early n the consequences.. You are GONNA HAVE ONE! TRUST ME ..
so forget it gurl. Love him all you can. And For tomorrow, Think positively
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I do think about it when he talks about things he want to do a year or even further along but I just try not to think about it. That's how you learn from experiences and "mistakes."
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmm I'm sure I replied to this topic already. I've been with my bf for 1.5 years and I still get terrified. I'm now at uni and every time he drives off after a weekend, I get so scared that he will crash and die. I've had this fear since day one, I am so worried that I will lose him...damn him being able to drive!
Jenna Leicester
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Totally agree. It's the best feeling in the world! Enjoy it chick, and don't worry about what might never happen.
gracie88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I get that feeling, i hate the thought of not being with my boyfriend but i have it right now for some reasons. It's awful because i love him so much.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps try not to think about it so much if you can, just enjoy the really good days you have together.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads