xxblue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm trying to revise for public law and I keep wondering if adding articles/journals from academic writers will be relevant when answering a public law question?

Thanks in advance!!!
RumpeIstiltskin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on the question- I highly doubt you'd do well answering an essay question on the nature of the constitution or parliamentary sovereignty without mentioning academic opinions, whereas it wouldn't be as necessary for a judicial review problem question. Generally you should use an academic opinion where the law is less clear and an issue can't be addressed with reference to the case law.
xxblue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks for that, I thought so because in tort we always have to use academic articles if you want to get a 2:1 or above but the thing is my public law seminar tutor has not even mentioned to us once to use articles to support our argument.

So, what you saying is to get 60% or above we have to use academic articles in our essays but it doesnt apply to problem questions??

Thanks in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads