Best Uni for a foundation year? Watch

Xexxhoshi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok, so I currently live in Spain, and I'm gonna be coming back to the UK to take a foundation art course, and then go into whatever design course I decide to after that. (unless of course I just end up doing something like Psychology or Engineering)

Yes, I'm aware that I should be doing one locally, but unless you can find a decent place in Spain that does an english speaking foundation that'll be recognized in England then there's not much else I can do.

Anyways. Which uni would you say is the best for a foundation year? I want to have a wide coverage of stuff, perhaps even stuff like product design and that. Somewhere which does it all and does it good. I'm looking at Kingston at the moment, but I'm sure there are others.

So googgogo reccomend me them please.
helen*_*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
have you had a look at university of arts london? they've got a great reputation for their graduates and a good selection of BAs to follow a foundation.

also, if you want a list of places that offer foundation courses go to:
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/ucc/foundation/index.html
its definitely better to be looking at foundations at unis i would have thought as they'll obviously have better facilities etc.

if you're worried about the money side of things, try looking at 4 year courses that include foundation years? then you would get a student loan etc.
mainly scottish unis do this (and the fees are cheaper )- i've been to look round Edinburgh College of Art and I thought their First Year Studies sounded really good (and I'm desperate to go london so it must have been impressive!) as there's loads of different areas of art/design to try out.

I'd definitely email a lot of unis with a set of questions and then you can compare their answers.

I hope this helped good luck
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm doing mine at DMU in Leicester
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads