The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~Sam~
Fair enough, I suppose you're entitled to your opinion and I'm too tired to get into an argument! Just out of interest though, what do you consider a 'useful' degree?

Particle physics.
Reply 41
viviki
In your amazingly expert opinion.

Indeed.
Reply 42
MC Hawking
Particle physics.

Sounds fascinating
Reply 43
VoodooDoll
thanks :smile: i definately don't dress...and i don't really like the clothes either...oh well :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I'm sure not dressing would please the photographer.....
Reply 44
MC Hawking
It's a pretty useless degree. I meant nothing offensive by it though.

Lol.
Reply 45
I think something's wrong here, because there are only two types of people in the world: clever, ugly people and good-looking, stupid people. Be honest with yourself, decide which you are and the decision will make itself.
Reply 46
~Sam~
Sounds fascinating

You are correct in thinking so.
Reply 47
If it's what you want to do, then be a model. :smile:

Get your degree when you're old and ugly.
VoodooDoll
i guess i'd like to ask you all for some advice about what i should do. i've been offered a modelling contact with models one in london for a year. it seems like a great opportunity as it'd give me the chance to travel around the world (they've mentioned i'd be able to go to the far east and new york :smile:) and earn some money while doing something that i love.

the only problem is, what to do about uni. i really really want to go, theres no way i want to be a model as a career as much as i love it i also want to study for a degree and maybe do a PhD eventually. should i just take a gap year and see how it goes. i really, really don't know what to do. i found out this afternoon and i'm completely over the moon about it. i think i'll definately take up their offer, but what about the uni thing? at the minute i'm set for going to bath in october to study psychology. do you think they'd let me defer? its a really competitive course though so i don't know whether they'd allow it.

argh! i'm so excited and stressed all at the same time :smile:

any advice much appreciated.

You shoudnt sacrifice your studies...my friend is a model, goes to school full time...its hard but she loves it, and modelling is fitted around her timetable. She was even told by her modelling agency to focus on her sstudies first and foremost...because of all goes out of the window, what would she have to fall back on?
I hate to break it to you...voodoo... but as a student of sociology (as well as anth, psyc, human phys - and various other disciplines that will one day enable me to get a job in health care, pref physio, but that's another story), even if I were the most attractive person on earth at the moment, I would still very much consider going to to uni anyway, as fashion changes, style changes, LOOKS CHANGES. In the 60's, for instance, in the west, only blonde/blue-eyed Twiggy-like persons were allowed for a modelling career. Thankfully, things have changed a great deal, which is always good, but things may change again to not suit your needs - I'd just be careful.

On a brighter note, why not do modelling part-time as your job to support you at uni with?? That's currently what I'm doing at the moment, great fun - meet lots of ppl (not that my BF enjoys that, another story again), easy work, good pay etc. Depending on what agency your with, however, you may not get paid for a while tho! Mine still owes me like a grand, haven't paid me since Chrissy! I'm expecting a huuge pay-check soon, and I hope it comes before the start of next semester.

Anyway, good luck and see how you go, Danni xx

And Everdawn, you have got to be one of the classiest (other, wink) Aussies I have ever met, well, 'met' lol.
Reply 50
You can go to uni at any age, and hell it's not any old modeling agency it's one of the best.

why are you even asking this question?

Have a fantastic year. After that decide about uni.
Reply 51
do the modelling, if it dives after a year, just go back to uni.
Reply 52
Zapsta
I think something's wrong here, because there are only two types of people in the world: clever, ugly people and good-looking, stupid people. .

some of us are an exception that proves the rule..
Reply 53
MC Hawking
It's a pretty useless degree. I meant nothing offensive by it though.

it actually needs 3A's and a B at A level even to get onto the course. as for it been a useless degree its a degree needed to get into jobs like clinical, forensic, occupational and educational psychology. surely you wouldn't call those worthless jobs :rolleyes:

anyway, i finally uploaded a decent pic from my portfolio..
Reply 54
theaman
I'm sure not dressing would please the photographer.....

theres always one isn't their :rolleyes: :wink:
Reply 55
voodoo ya sexy beast!!! id have ya :wink: u lil minx! go for the modellin thing!! i know ya not sure bout the degree thing so a yr out may clear ya head... (n maybe i can come n meet some sexy male models wit ya) :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 56
VoodooDoll
it actually needs 3A's and a B at A level even to get onto the course. as for it been a useless degree its a degree needed to get into <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=jobs&v=55">jobs</a> like clinical, forensic, occupational and educational psychology. surely you wouldn't call those worthless <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=jobs&v=55">jobs</a> :rolleyes:

anyway, i finally uploaded a decent pic from my portfolio..

you definately look like a model.... ( not that i know ) anyway i wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Reply 57
babyboo
voodoo ya sexy beast!!! id have ya :wink: u lil minx! go for the modellin thing!! i know ya not sure bout the degree thing so a yr out may clear ya head... (n maybe i can come n meet some sexy male models wit ya) :biggrin: :wink:

LOL :biggrin: of course you can come and meet some male models with me. some of the calvin klein models are just so yummy :smile: hehe...

i told school about it this morning and they seemed mortified that i was considering "packing everything in at university for something so childish". literally, thats what they said. arseholes. bloody catholic schools eh!? :rolleyes:
Reply 58
You know what you want to do, go with the contract and see how it works out! You can go to uni anytime (just make sure you get the best grades you can in your A2's) and try and get your place defered. Your opportunity is one in a million take it! One of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given is to that your regrets should only be what you have done, not what you haven't.
Reply 59
I know you have probably heard this a million times and sick and tired of it and it doesnt actually help you - but go with your heart. Dont trust your head...as I have found out on many occasions lol :tongue: xx

And good luck! (I would go for the modelling though!!!)

Latest

Trending

Trending