Walked about 2 hours with my dog
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by stehay)
Walked about 2 hours with my dog
About the same, but he's only a 7 month old. Wouldn't want to walk him any harder for the moment. :yep: What dog have you got?
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been on full days hiking with mine, but we obviously stop for lunch and other breaks etc.

Like a 2-4 hour hike, lunch or a break at a waterfall or wherever it is we're hiking to, and then a few hours back to the car.
Digital97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I took my Labrador up & down Snowdon when she was 11 (she's 14 now).
Carpe Vinum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
About 2 1/2 hours probably. I'm going to take him hiking this spring though now that he's more or less out of puppyhood :awesome:
LC_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
2 hours (6 miles) along country roads and through a country park 😊 mines is an australian koolie x collie
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've done 6 hours once, walked to a farm, walked around the farm (had to feed all the animals), then walked back, and then around a garden center for good measure. Dog was knackered and slept for 3 days solid.
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
3 hours, could do more for the little one (cockapoo) as she has so much energy but the labradoodle get's tired a lot faster and wouldn't be fair on her if we ever went longer
LisaDee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Approx. 6-7 miles. She sat down 1 mile from home. I could have cut half a mile off but she is afraid of bridges so we had to walk around. I wouldn't walk her that far now, she's extremely healthy (as said by two vets) for her age but I won't risk it on her joints.
jaffacake111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My dog? About 10mins. She was lazy! I miss her, took a walk today but not the same without her.

Longest walk with another dog was about 3 hours up and down hilly countryside and he still had loads of energy afterwards but I didn't!
Matureb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I ran for a little over 3 hours (less stops to fill water bottle). Approx 20 miles, but my springer spaniel must have done much more.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whenever I was walking with my dog through the landscapes and moors, it was lasting one to one and a half hours.
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My Belgian Shepard came along with the last time I went hiking / camping in the Peak District and we managed to cover 38 miles over 2 days, knackered afterwards though
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want a dog :moon:
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3hours through Scottish highland woods near Inverness. They just go on endlessly - as does the energy of Jack Russel Terriers
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably ~12 miles hiking in the Lake District and several 10+ mile hikes. I think we once did a 20 mile bike ride with him trotting alongside.

Border collies are bred to do upland long distance walking though so it's fine.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A couple of hours. Poodles seem to like it so long as you give then 5-10 mins every hour or two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (327)
34.6%
No (618)
65.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise