The Student Room Group

Israel:why so much h8?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by getfunky!
"defending yourself":lolwut:did the rest of the world see something different to Israel and its supporters..

Well in its initial expansion phases all it really did was the claim the spoils of a war that others started. Admittedly that's not the case today but i have little sympathy for Palestine since they chuck rockets at a country that has the technology to beat them, they are broadly as bad as each other these days.
Original post by Rakas21
Need i remind you that the only half respectful nation there is Jordan (probably because it has a monarchy that's not totally morally bereft). Lebanon has terrorists in its government and Egypt was ruled by a tyrant except for one year in which they voted in religious nutters.

I'm not saying that what Israel does is right but i am saying that having a strong Israel is better for that region than having another failed Muslim theocracy under the rule of a tyrant or nutters.

Better for who? The European Jews who settled there? Sure. The Palestinians who now live in Gaza, the West Bank or any of the numerous refugee camps? Certainly not. Better for the region? As Israel remains one of if not the biggest source of tension in the region I'd say no.
Who likes someone else's house built on their land?
Original post by Rakas21
Well in its initial expansion phases all it really did was the claim the spoils of a war that others started. Admittedly that's not the case today but i have little sympathy for Palestine since they chuck rockets at a country that has the technology to beat them, they are broadly as bad as each other these days.

Others did not start the war. War was declared when Israel unilaterally declared it's independence.
I hate Israel in all sorts,they took our land,they killed thousands of children un thé Arab world,and they still harming our coun tries.For God's sake ,how can't i hate Israel?!
Original post by DaveSmith99
Better for who? The European Jews who settled there? Sure. The Palestinians who now live in Gaza, the West Bank or any of the numerous refugee camps? Certainly not. Better for the region? As Israel remains one of if not the biggest source of tension in the region I'd say no.

How about the ~40% of Arabs in Israel? Not perfect is Israel, but the people in Israel are likely better off for it, Jew or not.

Original post by Edo123
Who likes someone else's house built on their land?

If you bring an army to my village and i defeat you and then take your village to force a surrender.. why would i give your village back to you? While the gains post-67 are somewhat dubious, the gains in those 2 wars were deserved. When one state declares war on another, they run the risk that they could lose.
Original post by Rakas21
If you bring an army to my village and i defeat you and then take your village to force a surrender.. why would i give your village back to you?

Yeah you are right. Then Muslims should reclaim Spain the same way and kick everyone out of there cuz it once belonged to them :biggrin:
Original post by Edo123
Yeah you are right. Then Muslims should reclaim Spain the same way and kick everyone out of there cuz it once belonged to them :biggrin:

In this case, Spain is the victor in all likelyhood so the Muslims could lose more land.
Original post by Rakas21
In this case, Spain is the victor in all likelyhood so the Muslims could lose more land.

I LLLOVE your double standards. Keep going..
Original post by Rakas21
How about the ~40% of Arabs in Israel? Not perfect is Israel, but the people in Israel are likely better off for it, Jew or not.

The Arab population of Israel is not 40%, it's about 20%. So we have these million of so Arabs that might be somewhat better off at the expense of the millions who have died, millions who lost their home, millions who still live utter destition and at the expense of stability in the region. Doesn't sound like a great trade to be honest.
Original post by Edo123
I LLLOVE your double standards. Keep going..

No double standards here. If somebody invades and loses to the point that their own land becomes vulnerable then i have no issue with the attacked taking that land. Call it compensation, the aggressor here must faces the consequence of its aggressive action.
Reply 31
Israel have no right to exist. They have no right as a population to go to a land and claim it as theirs because they believe their ancestors descended from there. It's ridiculous and has no legitimacy.
Original post by Rakas21
No double standards here. If somebody invades and loses to the point that their own land becomes vulnerable then i have no issue with the attacked taking that land. Call it compensation, the aggressor here must faces the consequence of its aggressive action.

You talk sooo well. You should be a comedian at the Boat Show.
Hate is a strong word,I [strongly] dislike Israel for many reasons. First, I'm from South Lebanon :wink:
I don't believe in Israel's right to exist as a state, and disapprove of it's treatment of the Palestinians. I am slightly biased,but it's hard not to be. My home village(Qana) was shelled by Israel(TWICE and they expect us to believe it was an 'error' :rolleyes: ), many of my relatives have been murdered at the hands of Israel. But hey! At least they warned us before they dropped rockets on our houses -,- If you saw the pain on people's faces as they stood outside of their destroyed homes,or heard the cries of a mother as she weeped for her child,you would not be asking why Israel get so much 'h8.' Also, Israel's occupation(illegal) of South Lebanon..

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
As has been made abundantly clear throughout this thread, this hatred is generally connected to colossal ignorance, sometimes alloyed with partisanship, usually topped off with an utter lack of perspective and/or moral clarity.
(edited 9 years ago)
They are the most powerful nation in the world right now so there will be some hatred. Also to mention, the western nations are their puppets.
Original post by Rakas21

But that wasn't why it was taken. It was because of a holocaust happening in the same countries you argue are morally superior to those in the middle east ironically. Maybe if you studied facts and understood the imperialism that has lead to this bs in the middle east, you'd reevaluate your views on the "superior" system.
Original post by Raymat
They are the most powerful nation in the world right now so there will be some hatred. Also to mention, the western nations are their puppets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel is not the most powerful nation in the world. They receive aid from the usa.The Western nations are not their puppets, the West relationship with Israel is based on geopolitics and where their interests align.Right now the moment the West is irritated at Israel.

The West is protective of Israel because of the guilt of the Holocaust.Israel creation and much of the turmoil in the Middle East is because of how the Westeven powers divided up the Middle East after the first world war, check the Sykes Picot Agreement. I not approving of Israeli behaviour in the Middle East but Israel isn't fully the bad guy.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to mention many Israeli citizens don't agree with their country foreign policy.
Why hate nazi germany? Germany was surrounded by countries that hates them why hate nazi germany? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending