Parkie1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi my name is Craig and I am in lower sixth at Campbell College Belfast. I am looking at different universities in the UK to study Graphic Design. What courses are best?
gdiherts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Craig,

Defining 'top' is quite hard. All graphic design courses will have a natural bias towards certain areas within the subject. That's because of the speciality of the teaching staff, the history of the course and the nature of the institution. Ideally, applicants need to have an idea what work they want to do or careers they're interested in, then focus their attention on finding the best courses that suit them. For example, some courses lean towards advertising, some towards typography, some allow lots of personal freedom, whilst some are more 'commercial'.

Although reputation is important, it's only one measure of how good a course is. Class sizes, amount of contact time, access to equipment, student ratings and the success of its graduates (in terms of competitions and employment) are equally important. Unfortunately, thorough research is needed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate