Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Welcome!(yes I did just use comic sans)
    :chaplin::chaplin::chaplin::chaplin:

This blog is to record my preparations from now till my GCSEs. I think it'll be the perfect motivational factor to help me achieve my goals.
    I'll be sitting an exam in the following subjects:
    – Maths
    – English (both Lang. and Lit)
    – Additional Science
    – History
    – Business Studies
    – French (bleh...bane of my existence)
    – Humanities

Mostly, I'm aiming for A's and A*s :daydreaming:. I'll be tracking my revision progress as well as sharing some tips and tricks. :cyber:
    And if you have any advice for me, be sure to leave a reply!

:ciao:Adios :ciao:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that kishette's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    This post is to confirm that kishette's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:
    Dem bananas tho.

ReputationRep:
    Update 1

A rather lazy start for this blog, I guess.
    → I've devised a new tactic for mathematics – keep re-doing the past paper until you get 95% or above. It's very, very tedious. But if you're like me and constantly make silly mistakes e.g. 20+40=6, then this method might work for you. The thought of repeating the same exam two, three times will seem so frightening that you'll force yourself NOT to make mistakes.

→ Poetry in English is proving particularly difficult for me. I tend to run out of time. So, I guess that's one of my main aims during the half-term – perfect my poetry exam skills. I'm doing the Relationships cluster, Exam Board: AQA. Help would be much appreciated. Slightly off in a tangent, there's 210 possible combinations of questions, so that's a lot of essays to practice.

→ Lastly, anyone help me with AQA Humanities GCSE. I messed about pretty much the whole of year 10. Now, we have a new teacher who spends about 92% of the time dealing with behaviour; 7% showing us movie clips and 1% teaching us, I'm in need for help. Yes, blaming my teacher is no excuse and I should've paid attention in class last year, but meh. Time machines have yet to be invented.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I like your blog. What grade are you predicted for Maths GCSE? What grade are you currently working at for Maths GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:
    Hey you have been trying to post I dont know if you have been trying to post bananas or monkeys! But it doesnt show and that makes posts look bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsandaLFC)
    Hey you have been trying to post I dont know if you have been trying to post bananas or monkeys! But it doesnt show and that makes posts look bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's because you are on the student room app for iPad, tablet or your phone etc.
    On the internet,emojis shows or on the laptop. If you open the student room on Safari, the bananas will show

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    It's because you are on the student room app for iPad, tablet or your phone etc.
    On the internet,emojis shows or on the laptop. If you open the student room on Safari, the bananas will show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Nice, I like your blog. What grade are you predicted for Maths GCSE? What grade are you currently working at for Maths GCSE?
    Thankies
    Predicted grade is an A. In the mock I got a HA. I guess I'm doing alright. My biggest worry is the silly little mistakes I make, especially in the long-worded questions 5 mark questions. I don't know why it happens, it's like sorcery :headfire: . Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishette)
    Thankies
    Predicted grade is an A. In the mock I got a HA. I guess I'm doing alright. My biggest worry is the silly little mistakes I make, especially in the long-worded questions 5 mark questions. I don't know why it happens, it's like sorcery :headfire: . Help?
    To be honest, it's good that you don't make silly mistakes in low mark questions - well you haven't said you do, so I'm unsure :P. But, 5 marks questions cause hassle to answer, as they are strangely worded. This is when you use your grammatical sense of knowledge and apply mathematics into the question. Read the questions, underline keywords if needed, write a summary of what the question is asking in your own words to understand it better. I don't really do this, but sometimes I write the summary to make it easier for me. Give me some examples of the 5 mark questions that you struggle on, or should I show some examples myself? PS: Do you struggle on any density questions, or where they say 'What is the mass of this prism?', 'What is the volume of this prism?', 'What is the density of this prism?' Those are pretty easy if you read the question correctly, apply some physics knowledge to it too. Remember, density = mass / volume. Then, you can re-arrange the formula by using your mathematical knowledge from the topic 'Changing the subject of a formula' and then sometimes conversion is needed from metres to centimetres. It's all straightforward once you understand the question, however if you don't understand the question, stuff gets serious. This is also where I lose marks, if I don't understand what the question is trying to convey, or what I am meant to do during this particular question.
    Predicted Grade A is very good, try to push it to an A* though. If you got High A's in your mock, it's a good chance of getting an A* in the real exam, whether it's a low/high one, the grade matters, not the mark. Overall, the grade matters, through a -part- of a series paper, a mark matters. I'm taking GCSE in Year 10, I'm aiming for 90% - 100% in the exam, wbu? Are you taking it in Year 11 or Year 10?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kishette)

→ Lastly, anyone help me with AQA Humanities GCSE. I messed about pretty much the whole of year 10. Now, we have a new teacher who spends about 92% of the time dealing with behaviour; 7% showing us movie clips and 1% teaching us, I'm in need for help. Yes, blaming my teacher is no excuse and I should've paid attention in class last year, but meh. Time machines have yet to be invented.
    Humanities is like RE, right? If so, i can help...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.