The Student Room Group

how to tell parents about polish boyfriend?

I've got a new boyfriend and I don't know how to tell my parents about him because he's my first boyfriend, my dad is quite protective so I don't know how to tell him. We are a proper English family and my dad doesn't really like foreign people when they come to England so I don't know how to tell him and I can't even hide that he is polish because of his name and accent!?
Reply 1
Original post by gibby98
I've got a new boyfriend and I don't know how to tell my parents about him because he's my first boyfriend, my dad is quite protective so I don't know how to tell him. We are a proper English family and my dad doesn't really like foreign people when they come to England so I don't know how to tell him and I can't even hide that he is polish because of his name and accent!?

Right, are your family Pro BNP supporters.:indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
Be proud of his heritage, the Polish effectively laid the groundwork for Bletchley Park to crack Enigma. That together with the Polish Air Force helped the Allies to win WW2, and create the England that your Dad loves. Do some research and educate your Dad if he gives you a hard time.
Just introduce him to your boyfriend and tell him to get over his petty racist attitude.
Tell them in Polish
My mother is not quite as...intolerant, but she learned to accept the fact that my partner is white. Tell them and expect them to deal with it. You can't live under their heel forever and you know...who you interact with shouldn't be determined by your father's loathing of foreigners. In fact, it's good that it isn't.
Mum I met this builder on my way to work...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending