The Student Room Group

Loughborough vs Nottingham

I am a 2015 undergraduate applicant to study Financial Accounting Finance and Management, however, I am stuck between choosing Loughborough or Nottingham as my firm choice. Although I got the same conditional offer of AAB from both universities. Which uni do you think I should pick? plus I would love a balance of my academics and party life.
Many thanks.
Reply 1
I too have conditional offers both AAB from Loughborough and Nottingham. I prefer Nottingham :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by QueNNch
I too have conditional offers both AAB from Loughborough and Nottingham. I prefer Nottingham :smile:

Really? That's awesome!
why do you prefer Nottingham to L'boro?
Reply 3
Original post by oyin_boo
Really? That's awesome!
why do you prefer Nottingham to L'boro?

Well I've been to a Nottingham uni open day and I quite like the university, its location near the city centre, and overall prefer it to L'boro.

I think L'boro is for people who play a lot of sport, because apparently they've got very good sports facilities :smile:
Loughborough's position in the Accounting and Finance tables, compared to Nottingham's, speaks for itself. As a business school, Loughborough is better than Nottingham in terms of graduate prospects. The average starting salary is much higher. Also, the compulsory work placement after 2nd year gives you a great insight into working life and boosts your chances of employment. But ultimately of course, it's down to what suits you best and where you think you will enjoy the new few years of your life the most.
Original post by QueNNch
Well I've been to a Nottingham uni open day and I quite like the university, its location near the city centre, and overall prefer it to L'boro.

I think L'boro is for people who play a lot of sport, because apparently they've got very good sports facilities :smile:

Loughborough is amazing at sports, but it doesn't stop it being strong in other areas - Cambridge isn't just for Maths etc. The majority of people there aren't sporty.

They're both really nice unis; you won't go wrong picking either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending