Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My name is Vittoria Anna and my goal is to go to veterinary school! In order to achieve this goal, I need to secure a good set of GCSE results this summer. My personal targets are as follows:

Biology- A*

Chemistry- A*

Physics- A*

Maths-A*

English literature-A*

English Language-A*

History-A*

Art-A

French-A

Dance-B

I already have an A* in statistics which I completed last June

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that VittoriaAnna's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    My revision has official begun! On the last day of term I was given a revision booklet with a breakdown of all the topics I need to cover for each subject. There was also a grid to label each topic with a difficulty rating of 1-5, with 5 being most difficult. I filled this out for maths and physics and have identified the weak areas I need to cover first.

from this grid, I completed 1 1/2 hours revision on direct and indirect proportion as this was an area I struggled with in the mock exam.

For physics, I spent an hour revision nuclear fission as this was again an area I struggled with.

Yesterday I also re read the first chapter of mister pip for English literature and recorded a summary of the chapter and the theme of war in this chapter.

ReputationRep:
    For this week (half term), I have set my self the following revision/ school work goals...

• Finish re reading mister pip and write a summary/ record themes for each chapter
    • cover all areas identified with a 5 in my revision booklet
    • complete two biology homework booklets on microbes and diseases
    • get up to date on art exam coursework ready to begin development next week
    • start thinking of an idea for my art final piece

I will give an update at the end of the week about whether or not I met my goals (which hopefully I will)!

ReputationRep:
    Monday 16th February:

So far tday I have done the following

• Read chapter 2 of Mister Pip
    • Watched the movie of Mister Pip as I was ahead of my schedule and felt it would help me visualise the story in the exam (I think it will also help me remember where the quotations are in the books as the film included many parts word for word)
    • spent an hour revising quantitative chemistry (molar mass, percentage yield etc) as I was struggling to remember the equations

This reminded me of another task to add to my half term checklist- Create a poster with every equation for chemistry with examples for each!! I now plan to start this homework by doing all the equations from C3 as there are none to do in C1 and C2

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I need to get organised and figure out which topics are my weakest so I can prioritise them and dedicate my time accordingly. To do this, I am now taking red, orange, yellow and green sticky tabs and colour coordinating my pages as follows:

Red means I find the subject difficult (equivalent of 5 in my booklet)
    Orange means I find the subject hard but I remember parts of it (equivalent of 3-4 in my booklet)
    Yellow means I am a bit rusty on the subject (equivalent of 2-3 in my booklet)
    Green means I've got this!! (Equivalent of a 1 in my booklet)

Once I've colour coordinating each of my revision guides/text books, I will begin with all the red pages, then orange etc until I have covered all my weak areas in each subject! Today I aim to cover most, if not all the red sections in history. Wish me luck! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 17th February:

Today I spent 2 hours covering most of my red areas on American West for history. The topics left are the battles on the Plains and the cattle kingdoms, but I haven't finished learning about the battles at school yet so I am saving this for later on. The areas I covered were the journey west, struggles on the plains, early settlers, homesteaders, the civil war and little crows war.

I made notes for each of these topics. This is an example of how I like to make my notes...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424194097.330404.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  151.6 KB
    I am a visual learner so I make my notes very colourful as it helps me remember everything in the exam.

I also spent an hour doing some practice questions on graphs in my revision guide to see which areas i need to work on, as I know graphs are not my strongest area. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424194279.333172.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  154.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow my aim is to:

Finish revising the red areas for history
    Revise all graphs and quadratic equations for maths
    Identify and revise red areas in c5, b5 and p5

If I have any spare time I will also do some more art!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just finished my 10th hour of revision this half term 🎉😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So today I haven't managed to do an revision...oops! Instead I've been working on a drawing for my art coursework...FOR 6 HOURS!! I haven't stopped all day so now I plan to have an hours break then read a chapter of mister pip and record the notes in my notebook. I also plan to carry on with my chemistry homework by finishing writing all the equations in c5, along with examples for each!

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424282664.602243.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  161.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VittoriaAnna)
    Tuesday 17th February:

Today I spent 2 hours covering most of my red areas on American West for history. The topics left are the battles on the Plains and the cattle kingdoms, but I haven't finished learning about the battles at school yet so I am saving this for later on. The areas I covered were the journey west, struggles on the plains, early settlers, homesteaders, the civil war and little crows war.

I made notes for each of these topics. This is an example of how I like to make my notes...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424194097.330404.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  151.6 KB
    I am a visual learner so I make my notes very colourful as it helps me remember everything in the exam.

I also spent an hour doing some practice questions on graphs in my revision guide to see which areas i need to work on, as I know graphs are not my strongest area. Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424194279.333172.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  154.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your notes are adorable aww lol you will definitely get those shining stars! keep up the good work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakeyboy)
    Your notes are adorable aww lol you will definitely get those shining stars! keep up the good work
    Thank you hahah

ReputationRep:
    So last night I didn't manage to read any more of mister pip or finish my chemistry homework, but I did manage to answer all of the questions in the trigonometry chapter of my maths textbook! I got them all right except for 2 that I wasn't sure how to answer. For these, I found the answer and solution and wrote it in a different colour and put a sticky note on the pages to revise.

Today I will be reading the next chapter of mister pip and making notes on the story so far, then aim to finish my chemistry homework!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So last night I didn't manage to read any more of mister pip or finish my chemistry homework, but I did manage to answer all of the questions in the trigonometry chapter of my maths textbook! I got them all right except for 2 that I wasn't sure how to answer. For these, I found the answer and solution and wrote it in a different colour and put a sticky note on the pages to revise.

Today I will be reading the next chapter of mister pip and making notes on the story so far, then aim to finish my chemistry homework!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    👍

ReputationRep:
    After an hour I have finished my biology booklets on B6! Pretty good considering we haven't learnt B6 at school yet! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424345286.781464.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  167.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey , good luck I'm pretty sure you'll get the A*, you have put much work on revising and studying but don't forget to solve past papers they're the most important element in revising!!

ReputationRep:
    After an hour I have finished my biology booklets on B6! Pretty good considering we haven't learnt B6 at school yet! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424345286.781464.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  167.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This little diary thing is an amazing idea, your up all ready? I'm still lounging in bed, I should probably get up and do some A2 chem revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    This little diary thing is an amazing idea, your up all ready? I'm still lounging in bed, I should probably get up and do some A2 chem revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, it's for the Grow your Grades competition, did you enter? Hahah don't worry, I'm like that too! Most days I won't start anything until atleast after lunch!

ReputationRep:
    Another piece of art coursework finished!! Now I just need to write about it! Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424347579.515053.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  142.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed an hour of revision on B4. I spent my hour on examtime making flashcards as this is a method I find really helpful for me as I can print them all in one booklet that is easy to carry wherever I go! Because I have a long drive to school I find this especially useful as I can test myself in the car, but don't have to worry about regular loose flashcards falling everywhere!

So far on examtime I have made flashcards for B1,2, 3 and some of 4, 5 and 6, P1, 3 and some of 4, and C1, 2, 3, 5 and some of 4.

for my flashcards I like to add as much detail as possible so find a question that will cover every aspect of the topic, to ensure nothing is left out. I practically write the whole textbook onto flashcards, but hey, it works for me!

Im now going to have a relaxing bath (and read more of mister pip) before doing a few more pages worth of B4!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.