why the is the answer a?
Why isn't the answer c?

Attached files
gozzabomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
a) well it really does depend on the type of intervention and the extent of it: the type of intervention might not be right, and even if it is right, the measures may not have enough of an impact to promote economic welfare. Thus not all government intervention brings economic welfare.

c) there are arguments whether fiscal policies (i.e taxes and subsidies) are the best, however this is very much open to debate, some economists argue that monetary policy is equally or even more useful, supply side is another one
creativebuzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by gozzabomb)
a) well it really does depend on the type of intervention and the extent of it: the type of intervention might not be right, and even if it is right, the measures may not have enough of an impact to promote economic welfare. Thus not all government intervention brings economic welfare.

c) there are arguments whether fiscal policies (i.e taxes and subsidies) are the best, however this is very much open to debate, some economists argue that monetary policy is equally or even more useful, supply side is another one
Thank you! But that still doesn't explain why a is the correct answer and c isn't..
gozzabomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well you see, that if government intervention isn't always successful, then statement a is correct

c- well if there is an open ended argument to whether taxes and subsidies is the best way to control an economy, then statement c cannot be correct

sorry for the confusion
creativebuzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ifailedumad)
What? no thank you? ^^^
Ive only just seen it but thank you very much! I really appreciated it and that was very well explained (positive rating given for thanks)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads