Starting OpenPlus Physics & Astrophysics at Sheffield, this year. Anyone else?

Watch this thread
AnnunakiMassacr
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I'm looking at starting OpenPlus Physics through the Open University, and then progressing on to Sheffield in a few years time. Is anyone else thinking of following this route, or even going to Sheffield?

Whilst I can progress into second year Physics, I'm actually thinking of progressing into the Physics & Astrophysics degree. So if anyone else is interested, let us now

Mike
Davidswift9
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnnunakiMassacr)
Hi all,

I'm looking at starting OpenPlus Physics through the Open University, and then progressing on to Sheffield in a few years time. Is anyone else thinking of following this route, or even going to Sheffield?

Whilst I can progress into second year Physics, I'm actually thinking of progressing into the Physics & Astrophysics degree. So if anyone else is interested, let us now

Mike
Im on the Lancaster route, due to join in September. Im having doubts about moving to a brick university though, considering it adds a year onto obtaining a degree. Do you mean progressing int Physics and Astrophysics degree with OU instead of joining sheffield? The Physics and Astrophysics pathway with OU lacks maths which is important in the later physics modules. Go full Natural Science Physics pathway, you can pick quality astrophysics modules on that anyway.
AnnunakiMassacr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I mean Physics & Astrophysics at Sheffield. They're one of the only Universities in UK to offer 50:50 split between the 2.

And I was originally going to join Lancaster, but Sheffield just had a lot more potential, especially for work experience. If you haven't checked Sheffield out, I'd recommend you do. It's also the top Physics University for student satisfaction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.34%
The paper was reasonable (134)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (106)
29.28%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.36%

Watched Threads