Best A-levels to become a chartered accountant or an actuary

Watch
kia023
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently studying GCSE's and I have to choose what A-levels I want to do soon, as I'm planning to study economics at university and I'm thinking of becoming a chartered accountant or an actuary I know I will definitely choose A-level maths and I can't decide between French/Economics/Biology/Geography/ICT.
Which subjects would look best when I'm applying for university or a job? Should I also consider of doing Further Maths at A-level so I could have better chances of becoming an actuary?
Bishoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths, Further Maths, and Economics plus a language (French) if you're taking four A-Levels. This is the strongest combination for Economics. From my college 90% of people that got into prestigious places like LSE and Oxbridge for economics took up this combination of A-Levels.
TheIrrational
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As the above poster said, maths, further maths and econ would be best. I'm not so sure about French, but that's your choice.

From experience, when applying for finance jobs, as long as your degree is relevant I'm not sure they care much about A levels. If you have an econ degree from a good uni I think they will assume you're good enough A level wise. Obviously A*AA or above in solid A level subjects can't hurt!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed