The Student Room Group

Liverpool scholars scheme

Some year 12 students have been selected for the liverpool scholars award and a friend has successfully got on to the course for medicine. Basically you pick WHATEVER course you desire and they grant the wish. What other universities do anything like this?????????????
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by aspiringdoctor97
Some year 12 students have been selected for the liverpool scholars award and a friend has successfully got on to the course for medicine. Basically you pick WHATEVER course you desire and they grant the wish. What other universities do anything like this?????????????

Hey im on the liverpool scholars scheme and have applied to medicine this year. For medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine they say they can only guarantee interviews. Once invited to interviews you no longer receive special consideration. However, for all other courses yes you will receive guaranteed offers providing you have reasonable grades and average personal statement. I think this is fair- people on this scheme have no family history of higher education, parents on benefits and live in the poorest parts of Liverpool.

Did your friend apply this year to medicine? Hope i get an offer :smile:
Original post by alanconnel
Hey im on the liverpool scholars scheme and have applied to medicine this year. For medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine they say they can only guarantee interviews. Once invited to interviews you no longer receive special consideration. However, for all other courses yes you will receive guaranteed offers providing you have reasonable grades and average personal statement. I think this is fair- people on this scheme have no family history of higher education, parents on benefits and live in the poorest parts of Liverpool.

Did your friend apply this year to medicine? Hope i get an offer :smile:

[

:eek::eek:are you sure because i have seen the letters she gets and it says it is a 'guaranteed conditional offer' with 40 reduced ucas points

Quick Reply

Latest