Can't start essay since failing last one? Help!!

Watch
moutonfou
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I had never failed an essay until I started a new postgrad course recently. It's quite different from my previous essays in that there's a really specific list of things you have to include so you could write something really good but fail to cover one aspect and fail. I failed my first one in that very way - you only get two chances so I was really nervous resubmitting and luckily passed.

Now I need to write my second one but I'm really scared and just can't bring myself to start even though I know I'm hardly going to pass if I write nothing!

Does anybody have any tips for getting back on it after failing? I'm really struggling.
lolaaks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi i hope youve started and picked yourself up.

you learn from the mistakes of the previous essay.

the only thing worse than failing again, would be failing again because you didnt bother.
Chin up and get on with it, they wouldnt allow you on a course that post-grad purely to have you fail, so you can do it

Good luck
loveChloe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably you are afraid to start the new one because of the previous failure. In this situation you have several options: 1) before starting a new one, discuss it with your family, ask them to provide with their thoughts and opinion; 2) ask someone from your family to start (maybe you just need help with your first step); 3) ask for professional help. I had really close situation to this one, but I was renting my flat alone and was ill, nobody was there to help me and my friend advised me to apply for professional advice. So you have always several choices, all you need is to choose one)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed