AS Philosophy and Ethics- teacher missed out a topic? Watch

oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying AS Philosophy and Ethics with OCR, and I've been looking at exam papers. I've just noticed a topic regarding Sexual Ethics, which I've never even heard off. In the paper, you have a choice between two topics and you have to answer one of the questions. Our teacher has told us it is a choice between Morality and Religion or Just War, but on every paper I have looked at it is a choice between Sexual Ethics and Just War. Morality has been mentioned in two or three papers as an extra topic.

I do have a second teacher who is much better than this teacher, but I will not see this teacher until after my mocks and he teaches us the other half of the course. However, I do need to know this topic as I'm not entirely confident with Just War and I don't think I would be able to teach it to myself very well. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions? Thank you
shahrukh486
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sexual ethics is a part of A2, not As so dont worry

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81960-specification.pdf

scroll down to page 12 to check what you need to learn
chloe_0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When we studied this paper we did learn sexual ethics. Although, my teacher said that it is best not to answer on it as it is very easy to get bogged down with your opinion and for it to become biased. Your teacher saying about Religion and Morality is not entirely false as it can replace the topic of sexual ethics completely, but it can also come up with something else which would mean there is the sexual ethics question as a choice. Maybe your teachers aren't teaching it because they don't feel they need to... I'd ask them because it is a topic that will most likely come up as a choice. Maybe drop them an email or something, that seems the best choice!

Hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (130)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.68%

Watched Threads