Sicarius_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, I recently returned from living in Spain for 6 years at 16 with no qualifications (family issues prevented me finishing secondary), since I returned I have gained Functional skills in English and maths at level 2 and an NVQ in customer services at level 2 (I had to do this to get my functional skills -.-). I am currently on a BTEC level 2 in IT and doing my GCSE maths and English too in which I am aiming for a B.

Now the uni I want to attend in a few years (UCL) needs an A level in addition to my BTEC l3 with DDD. I was wondering if anyone here has done the intensive A level maths (1 year) and could advise me to how hard it is/ what the workload is like? I want to take this at the same time as my BTEC so I can go straight to uni when I finish my BTEC... Also anyone who has done the BTEC could let me know what the workload is compared to L2? I am getting straight D's in L2 atm...
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that for CompSci, UCL offer Infomation Management which I believe offers programming modules and is like a mix of CS/Business and it doesn't require Maths A level but DDD in the BTEC which you have
Sicarius_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Is that for CompSci, UCL offer Infomation Management which I believe offers programming modules and is like a mix of CS/Business and it doesn't require Maths A level but DDD in the BTEC which you have
Yes it is; but I am dead set on comp sci. I have looked UCL's requirements up and they say they will accept a BTEC national if it is with another A level hence why I am asking this. I really want to do comp sci, not information management :/
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sicarius_)
Yes it is; but I am dead set on comp sci. I have looked UCL's requirements up and they say they will accept a BTEC national if it is with another A level hence why I am asking this. I really want to do comp sci, not information management :/
Fair enough, Compsci is great are you also dead set on going to a top 10 uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads