Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, wtf? Pearson losing it?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was very odd. Couldn't tell whether it was a joke or he was trying to kick off.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apparently there's a bit of history there because McArthur was the subject of a bid from Pearson during the summer. It's all a much of a muchness, really. Not quite Pardew on Meyler, is it? Would expect the FA will be writing to him to clarify the incident, though. He's unlikely to be charged - both have shrugged it off.
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Intrigued if it was Pardew who did that, considering his past headbutt, whether there'd be more scrutiny. As Mackay said, he might get asked for an explanation a reminder of his responsibilities etc.
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you'll find it was very vicious, in a very calculative way. Look at Pearson's facial expression when he does it- there's no way that's just fooling around. In fact, the fact its not like what Pardew did makes it even worse because I don't even think McArthur was aware of the situation- at least that Hull City player knew the score with Pardew.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In fairness I only saw it once and was kinda glancing at the telly in between posting on TSR but the player looked like he was laughing.

Probably need to see it again. Pundits saying he handled it well.
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it was Mourinho or Pardew he would have been annihilated by the media.

I think he's a decent manager and he did well last season but Pearson seems a bit of a prick.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Agree. Still can't believe he told Leicester fans to '**** off and die'

How can you do that ?
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He just seemed so salty, the way he held onto Macarthur afterwards as well. And his post match interview.
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And apparently he's been sacked. Sauce is Robbie Savage on Twitter though (possibly the worst combination possible).
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is good for us. Definitely down now and we can smash them 6-0 in the cup game.

Happy days.
The Shed End
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Been confirmed on Sky Sports.

Bizarre timing, they should have sacked him in November. There's no decent managers available at the moment!
Think yesterday's incident probably played a part, as physcocitc as he looked yesterday he also seemed like he just didn't give a ****.

Perhaps they'll try and get someone like Martin O'Neill in?
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Agree. Still can't believe he told Leicester fans to '**** off and die'

How can you do that ?
The "fan" in question was repeatedly abusing him, the players and the owners. The fan deserved it - don't give it out if you can't take it.

(Original post by sr90)
Been confirmed on Sky Sports.

Bizarre timing, they should have sacked him in November. There's no decent managers available at the moment!
Apparently not - not confirmed by club and other sky sources say no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
The "fan" in question was repeatedly abusing him, the players and the owners. The fan deserved it - don't give it out if you can't take it.
Plenty of fans have abused managers, how many managers have you seen tell somebody who is paying their wages to **** off and die?

Not what I said anyway tbh, doing that just shows he's not all there which he's proved again this weekend.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Plenty of fans have abused managers, how many managers have you seen tell somebody who is paying their wages to **** off and die?

Not what I said anyway tbh, doing that just shows he's not all there which he's proved again this weekend.
Fans don't pay their wages, definitely not at this level - the "fan" he told to **** off and die had been giving a constant stream of abuse to the players, Pearson and the owners. At that point it was pearson defending his players, and frankly I'm behind any manager that does that.

You asked how someone can do that - the simple answer is the "fan" deserved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Fans don't pay their wages, definitely not at this level - the "fan" he told to **** off and die had been giving a constant stream of abuse to the players, Pearson and the owners. At that point it was pearson defending his players, and frankly I'm behind any manager that does that.

You asked how someone can do that - the simple answer is the "fan" deserved it.
He may well have deserved it but Pearson has a touch of the mentalist about him. Do you think that was the best response?

btw explain that first bit, you mean match day revenue is **** all compared to say TV money?
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Would they report it on a Sunday night though? Moyes' sacking was all over the press a good 24-48 hours before it was confirmed by the club.

There's nothing on BBC Sport which is interesting.
Confirmed not sacked by the club now - bad night for rob dorsett.

He may well have deserved it but Pearson has a touch of the mentalist about him. Do you think that was the best response?

btw explain that first bit, you mean match day revenue is **** all compared to say TV money?
Telling them to **** off and die is excessive, but I'm a firm believer in the taste of your own medicine approach.

Yep - assuming an average season ticket price of £400 and 20k season ticket holders, you're taking 8m, that's perhaps enough for 2 months wage bill. 10k single game fans at about £35 is perhaps enough to pay the back room staff for a month. Fan money is a drop in the ocean against sponsor money and more importantly operating costs. It's unfortunate but thats whats become since sky came in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
SSN at 7 - Sky Sources: Leicester sack Pearson
SSN at 10 - He hasn't been sacked.

Fact no-one else reported it suggests it might have been worth holding out on the sensationalist headline at 7.

I think he deserves to keep his job considering he got them up and if they go down, then he's got the experience to get them back up with that squad. Plus, who can replace him? Lennon would have been a good choice but he's settled at Bolton now.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Shambolic media reports tonight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (77)
28%
England (92)
33.45%
Belgium (23)
8.36%
Germany (35)
12.73%
Spain (3)
1.09%