Question about modules (Journalism and Media)

Watch
kingoftheting
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

The course structure for my upcoming course is stated as follows:

"The course consists of 12 modules of 30 credits each, making a total of 360 credits. The modules are divided into 3 levels. You normally take 3 modules at Level 4, 4 at Level 5 and 5 at Level 6. Normally you are also required to have an overall balance of 7 academic and 5 practical modules.
In Year 1, you take 2 core modules at Level 4, 1 compulsory module at Level 5 and choose 1 Level 4 option module.
In Year 2, you take 4 option modules and in Year 3 you take 3 further option modules and complete a core final-year project."

Now, can someone break this down for me as I am a little confused. For instance, in year 1, I have the two core modules which I obviously have to take and then I can choose one further Level 4 module. What about this Level 5 module? Will this be something I choose later in the year, or one that is part of the core course that kicks in later in the year? Or one I can choose from a list of a few, but I have to choose at least one so that I am doing a compulsory level 5 module? I am required to do 3 modules in 1st year, but can in reality do four if I choose to take an optional level 4 module. Have I got that right?

And if so, is that advisable? To take an optional module? This course is essay heavy already. What do you think?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.9%
No (429)
66.1%

Watched Threads