The Student Room Group

Anyone else really attracted to their own race?

So I know this is extremely normal, but I was just curious about other people's experiences with being really attracted to their own race or nationality. I'm of Indian descent and have a massive thing for Indian guys :biggrin::colondollar: so anyone else in love with their own race and if so, what are your reasons (why do you find them so attractive, both physically and personally)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why is race such a popular issue here? I thought that our generation was meant to be less concerned with ethnicity. We were supposed to usher in the new global age. We're just as petty and divisive as the generation before us
Original post by phaedron
Why is race such a popular issue here? I thought that our generation was meant to be less concerned with ethnicity. We were supposed to usher in the new global age. We're just as petty and divisive as the generation before us

I never called race an issue I was just curious if other people felt the same way about their own nationality or race as there are many people, although not everyone, who are very attracted to their own race...:smile:
Reply 3
I think most people are strongly attracted to their own race because of familiarity and you can have a deeper connection and understanding
I'm more attracted to black men compared to white/Asian.

If I'm gonna stereotype then I prefer their bodies, hair, faces... lol they age better.
From my experiences with my own age group, no-one is attracted to their own race. I'm not but that doesn't mean everyone who is my race is out of the question in terms of dating. Race is the least of my issues.
I'm white but I like Indian girls a lot.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy

Oh that's good to hear, my guy friends always tell me Indian girls or south asians in general aren't their favourite due to their traditions and also their looks but it's good to hear alternative opinions :wink:
Im attracted to my own race as well as some other races. Are you solely attracted to Indians?
Original post by IloveSpongebob22
Oh that's good to hear, my guy friends always tell me Indian girls or south asians in general aren't their favourite due to their traditions and also their looks but it's good to hear alternative opinions :wink:

I used to think it was black or mixed girls but sometimes I think their temper is too much, and they are a lot of hassle. The people who don't like Indians might be little Englanders, conservative, one idea of beauty etc. Personally I think the more attractive Indian girls are gorgeous, their hair and skin, and they can be educated and intelligent often too, and have more class than a load of white girls that are horrible. middle eastern too but they tend to be muslim and conservative, not always though.
I used to think it was black or mixed girls but sometimes I think their temper is too much, and they are a lot of hassle. The people who don't like Indians might be little Englanders, conservative, one idea of beauty etc. Personally I think the more attractive Indian girls are gorgeous, their hair and skin, and they can be educated and intelligent often too, and have more class than a load of white girls that are horrible. middle eastern too but they tend to be muslim and conservative, not always though.

Fair enough haha yeah I think some of the people I know say those things to annoy me as I'm Indian and indeed, some of them are very attracted to the typical English beauty etc. :smile:
Fair enough haha yeah I think some of the people I know say those things to annoy me as I'm Indian and indeed, some of them are very attracted to the typical English beauty etc. :smile:

Some Indians are conservative though also, and stay in their own community for partners, but if they aint and they are British and integrated totally then great.
Original post by College_Dropout
Im attracted to my own race as well as some other races. Are you solely attracted to Indians?

well I prioritise personality as cliche as that sounds:colondollar: but in terms of looks, I mean there is nothing wrong with having a preference because it's natural and normal, but yeah I do prefer south asian and yes preferably Indian:colondollar:
well I prioritise personality as cliche as that sounds:colondollar: but in terms of looks, I mean there is nothing wrong with having a preference because it's natural and normal, but yeah I do prefer south asian and yes preferably Indian:colondollar:

Yeah I know the is nothing wrong with having a preference, but are you saying you dont find for example white or black guys attractive?
Original post by College_Dropout
Yeah I know the is nothing wrong with having a preference, but are you saying you dont find for example white or black guys attractive?

Of course I do, as I believe there is beauty in every race and nationality:smile: I think blue and green eyes for example are very attractive but I just happen to prefer Indian features:colondollar: Are you Indian if you don't mind me asking?
Yes,I love my italian and arab men
Not 'reallyyyyy' attracted, but some Lebanese guys.. :sexface:

(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not attracted to my race at all!! lol
yes but also all of the other races

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending