The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

but I have noticed a bit of new totty at Hull on the website :wink:

This is my horse, got this picture back today. I am going to ride away into the moonlight in dispair Ali
Reply 61
Lewisy-boy
Nice emoticon...

good subtlety there Eth, doesn't quite work in text :wink:.

I'm not exactly subtle anyway. Ask Laura. I tend to be quite forthright.
That is true. He is quite a frightening guy actually

Oh my god, never mind the Totty hunt, I am so famous http://www.law.hull.ac.uk/newsevents/news/comp_moot04.html

I like the fact I got such a big mention xxx
Yeah I like that... in case you haven't noticed I'm not one to trifle with words either.

What is that nasty big brown thing? LOL
New potential at Hull. Sorry if he is married. Its just a complement.

http://www.law.hull.ac.uk/people/staff/varju_m.html

The Brown thing is Cognac but he is an Oldenberge Bay. It is lovely and cuddly. He is a grade A showjumper and a very clever horsey indeed. Too clever. Most people say he is the kindest horse they have met LOL
Reply 65
He was my Law of Info tutor. He's ****!!!! Doesn't even know English Law!
Oh yer dam, I remember now. He looks better in the photo. I've changed my mind. He always was wondering about looking vacant drinking coffee. Mind changed.
Reply 67
lol, probably after he'd had to contend with an hour of me going "I'm sorry, are you actually qualified?"
Nice work Eth, criticising tutors is the way to go!

The kindest horse they've ever met, I think ppl need to get out more...
Ha, Ha I actually agree with u Lewis even though I like horses :smile: mind u perhaps we are just as bad on here discussing 'city firms etc'

Here is a picture of some future rich academics instead
Reply 70
LauraWalker
;pkiss; Please forgive me, it happened before I met you:star:

:hugs:
Reply 71
LauraWalker
but I have noticed a bit of new totty at Hull on the website :wink:

This is my horse, got this picture back today. I am going to ride away into the moonlight in dispair Ali

What a kindred spirit! I love horses, too. I, too, am planning to join a polo club in the near future, just waiting for my budget to be normal. Its bloody expensive, though.
Reply 72
Nice bunch of people there, perhaps. One thing that promptly caught my attention is the number of Asian students. Is the proportion of them too high, or is it just a co-incidence?
Ali-
What a kindred spirit! I love horses, too. I, too, am planning to join a polo club in the near future, just waiting for my budget to be normal. Its bloody expensive, though.

Yes it is really expensive. Down in Oxford it is £50 per hour for a polo lesson just with the university. I have never played polo, only done BSJA showjumping. For a top showjumper you can pay around £30 000-£200,000 but polo is constant cost all the time. I have never bought my own horse yet, my parents got me 2 good competition horses when I was 15 because I was showing promise at riding and people thought it would become my career. I have to get some good investments going for the next ones. Luckily, you can buy cheaper and bring them on once you've got experience and an eye for a good horse
Ali-
:hugs:

Thanks, that will save the nasty solicitor costs :kiss:
Lol Laura, one of my Professors here came top in his year at the BCL in 1994 and won some prize... I asked him about it because I was considering applying and his email read "it starts out OK, then it almost murdered me"... ENJOY!
i dont know how much they earn or anythin but Gillian Douglas (family law expert at cardiff) she writes books and stuff, she brings in like £1mill a yr 4 the uni
Reply 77
It certainly does hot up with the essays in the final term. As a consequence you should get as many Tutorials out of the way as possible before then, and also use the Easter break to write as many essays as you can. If not you could be facing up to 16 essays in a four/five week period, (up to 4 per subject). This will be on top of revision. Most of the essays however will have a revision focus and will be past exam questions.

It's certainly a course worth taking, and it will expand your mind. Don't be put of by any of this.
Thanks for the warning PDJM. Mind you, I was sorting of guessing it might end up this way. I cannot believe that a couple of my colleagues are out partying everynight and not attending many seminars. I have taken the opportunity to join a couple of sports clubs this term but I am nothing like as bad as some people.
Yup, sounds like it certainly need full focus.

Latest

Trending

Trending