Time available to take part-time job?

Watch this thread
lizzyc501
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I was wondering if there would be any Notts undergraduate/people looking into UofN that know whether there would be enough spare time to take up a part time job or driving lessons alongside managing stuff learnt in classes. Also does UofN offer language courses even if it is not in my course or how much support would I get in terms of finding jobs related to my course towards the end of an undergraduate degree?

Many thanks in advance!

(Sorry I asked so many questions, didn't visit Nottingham on Open Day )
longdayatnight
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lizzyc501)
Hi,

I was wondering if there would be any Notts undergraduate/people looking into UofN that know whether there would be enough spare time to take up a part time job or driving lessons alongside managing stuff learnt in classes. Also does UofN offer language courses even if it is not in my course or how much support would I get in terms of finding jobs related to my course towards the end of an undergraduate degree?

Many thanks in advance!

(Sorry I asked so many questions, didn't visit Nottingham on Open Day )
Well most importantly it depends on what degree you are hoping to do.

But otherwise yes, everyone I know has time to do a job and EASILY do driving lessons. I have 3 part time/casual jobs and I know plenty of people who do more than one like myself.

UoN does offer language classes whether or not you can do them for free depends again on your degree and also whether you have any optional/subsidiary modules going spare.

So basically my question is what degree have you applied to do and I'll be much more able to answer your question?! :P
lizzyc501
Rep:
(Original post by EMassey)
Well most importantly it depends on what degree you are hoping to do.

But otherwise yes, everyone I know has time to do a job and EASILY do driving lessons. I have 3 part time/casual jobs and I know plenty of people who do more than one like myself.

UoN does offer language classes whether or not you can do them for free depends again on your degree and also whether you have any optional/subsidiary modules going spare.

So basically my question is what degree have you applied to do and I'll be much more able to answer your question?! :P
Hello, thank you for your detailed reply

I have applied to read Biochemistry
longdayatnight
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lizzyc501)
Hello, thank you for your detailed reply

I have applied to read Biochemistry
So with Biochemistry to the best of my knowledge you probably will get less subsid modules that can be taken outside your department however its definitely worth emailing them to make sure. Otherwise you can always pay for evening language classes through the university's Language Centre.

Jobwise yes you will have time for a part time job. Schemes that the university runs like Student Ambassador one are most flexible and can be worked around lectures and labs etc. Otherwise the city is full of jobs perfect for students. It will really be a case of finding out how much you feel you want to give up for a job.
lizzyc501
Rep:
(Original post by EMassey)
So with Biochemistry to the best of my knowledge you probably will get less subsid modules that can be taken outside your department however its definitely worth emailing them to make sure. Otherwise you can always pay for evening language classes through the university's Language Centre.

Jobwise yes you will have time for a part time job. Schemes that the university runs like Student Ambassador one are most flexible and can be worked around lectures and labs etc. Otherwise the city is full of jobs perfect for students. It will really be a case of finding out how much you feel you want to give up for a job.
Thank you very much again for your replies Really interesting to hear about, will look into Nottingham more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
31.75%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (58)
46.03%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads