Turn on thread page Beta

*help please* - entity relationship diagram for design for Tods Tyres watch

ReputationRep:
    yes I know the exams in monday...but...I havent written it up yet! I have all today all sat and half of sun, but need help!
    Im stuck doing the ERD for the design.

I have to this -
    "Draw an ER-D (entity relationship diagram) for each relationship you identify in the system. Look at the relationship diagram in access for help, but do not take a screen shot as evidence for the design.
    Make sure that your relationship diagram shows its logical relation between each table."
    and this -
    "Draw a diagram to provide evidence that you have normalised the data in your design. The diagram should be fully annotated to explain the exact nature of the relationships (e.g. one salesperson is allocated one company car: one-to-one relationship). Write a brief sentence to explain the purpose of each Entity/Table in your design e.g. Customers – this will hold details such as the name and address of existing customers. "

anyone got any pointers??

just thought - for the first one - if I look at my relationships in my database, can I just draw that by hand in ER-D style? and say thats how I designed it?
    but then whats the second one on about. can't believe I'm at a grammar! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    what program are u using?
    if it's access then just print out the relationships!
    thats what i did-if not access then i hav no idea sorry

iv finished! YAY! well i just gotta do testing which is piss easy

ReputationRep:
    The entity-relationship diagram required is different from the relationships diagram that Access produces.

Basically, each entity (salespersons, cars, whatever) is put in a rectangle. A straight line from one box to another denotes a one-to-one relationship.

For example:

[salesperson]----[cars]

But a customer could buy many cars, so that would be a one-to-many relationship, denoted by a little triangle on the end of the box like this:

[customer]-----<[cars]

If it was possible for a car to have many customers, and a customer to have many cars, that would be a many-to-many relationship that'd look like this:

[customer]>-----<[cars]

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    yay thank u baba!
    I thought it was different from the relationships in access.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.