The Student Room Group

Are there any teenagers like me?

I'm 16 and want to achieve a wealth of success before i turn 30. For instance become a dentist and own expensive cars etc. I plan on starting my own business whilst doing my a levels too.

I just wanted to know if there are any teenagers that think like alike, because i don't know anyone else that does.

I would also like to encourage other young people to talk about their road to success
I don't really care for earning loads of money and having expensive cars, as long as I have enough for a nice house with a garden

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eff10101
I'm 16 and want to achieve a wealth of success before i turn 30. For instance become a dentist and own expensive cars etc. I plan on starting my own business whilst doing my a levels too.

I just wanted to know if there are any teenagers that think like alike, because i don't know anyone else that does.

I would also like to encourage other young people to talk about their road to success

Why are you so obsessed with money?Money is only needed to provide a decent standard of living, beyond that more money is unecessary.Studies havwe shown that money doesn't really create happiness and more of it only increases happiness to a point-happiness is created due to hobbies,passions, relationships,achievements not just getting a bigger lump of money.In a way the seeking of moeny can make you unhappy since you can always get more and more and you feel like you don't have enough, why would you want expensive cars?What is it about money that makes you so obsessed expensive doesn't mean better, if you want a car you should really realise that a cheap one will do to get you to work and to visit places.

Same here!

I'm 17, got two companies running on the side right now, do some investing and have a part time job. I consider myself a bit too driven though, I imagine most teenagers aren't like me.

My goal is to create wealth for both myself and the wider economy - mainly by building a large company from the ground up. I want to get some business experience in consulting or banking, then some venture capital experience with the view of starting a (or many) large vc-funded tech companies.

My goal is more philanthropic than yours, I want to solve people's problems with technology and invest in the education of the developing nations.

Honestly, even though starting a business is stressful, it will be so worth it.

Edit: All this being said, don't disregard your education. Find a balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

I just wanted to know if there are any teenagers that think like [sic] alike

There will always be another teenager who thinks like you. Teenagers are not as unique as they think they :tongue:
Original post by Princepieman
Same here!

I'm 17, got two companies running on the side right now, do some investing and have a part time job. I consider myself a bit too driven though, I imagine most teenagers aren't like me.

My goal is to create wealth for both myself and the wider economy - mainly by building a large company from the ground up. I want to get some business experience in consulting or banking, then some venture capital experience with the view of starting a (or many) large vc-funded tech companies.

My goal is more philanthropic than yours, I want to solve people's problems with technology and invest in the education of the developing nations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: clearly an underachiever right there
Reply 6
"Are there any teenagers who want loads of money?"

Hmm...tough question that...
Original post by channies
:eek: clearly an underachiever right there

Haha, you could say so :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm just really ambitious - I might take it a bit easier in university
Haha, you could say so :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm just really ambitious - I might take it a bit easier in university

It's surprising how you find time to even breathe!I would be stressed out to the maximum. What are the 2 companies?
Reply 9
Seeing as how you don't need any discernible skill to make stupid money now days, every child should aspire to be a talentless reality star.
It's surprising how you find time to even breathe!I would be stressed out to the maximum. What are the 2 companies?

True, it doesn't help that one of them is based in the states! I just have days where I don't do anything like Sunday and Friday night.

One is a 'concierge' service that allows senior citizens in the states to have instant access to care services. So, for instance they would pay a subscription to us and then we either arrange instant subcontractors or arrange a weekly schedule for cleaning, groceries and other services.

The other is a web dev company, it's mostly via word of mouth. My clients tend to be professionals branching out on their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was like you.

When I was 13, I began reading self help books by people like Anthony Robbins and Brian tracy and Zig Ziglar.

Watch their youtube seminars, they teach some amazing stuff.

But I never wanted to be mega rich as a goal
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Dalek1099
Why are you so obsessed with money?Money is only needed to provide a decent standard of living, beyond that more money is unecessary.Studies havwe shown that money doesn't really create happiness and more of it only increases happiness to a point-happiness is created due to hobbies,passions, relationships,achievements not just getting a bigger lump of money.In a way the seeking of moeny can make you unhappy since you can always get more and more and you feel like you don't have enough, why would you want expensive cars?What is it about money that makes you so obsessed expensive doesn't mean better, if you want a car you should really realise that a cheap one will do to get you to work and to visit places.

I have a obsessive passion for cars and i guess that is what motivates me to earn a pretty high income:smile:
Reply 13
I don't really care for earning loads of money and having expensive cars, as long as I have enough for a nice house with a garden

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i guess as long as you are happy:smile:
Reply 14
Same here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

well first of all i would like to congratulate you on your business and wish you all the best. But i also want to help charities and give back to the community. I also invest in quite alot companies on the stock exchange using money I earn't as a paper boy lol.

thanks for taking the time to share your journey to success :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Dalek1099

If you were a petrol head i think you would get it.
That's pretty generic, many people have that mindset.
Reply 17
Original post by Arkasia
"Are there any teenagers who want loads of money?"

Hmm...tough question that...

well everyone wants money but who got the brain to go make it:cool:
Reply 18
Original post by A5ko
Seeing as how you don't need any discernible skill to make stupid money now days, every child should aspire to be a talentless reality star.

pretty much the norm nowadays lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending