The Student Room Group

"Sainsbury's CODE 10"

ok, just wondering if anyone who works in Sainbury's can teel me what "Code 10"....:confused:

this is because during shopping someone over the microphone said "Code 10, Front Side" and ALL the Sainsbury's staff in the isles legged it towards the entrance, even some fat blokes in suites that must have been from out the back...

i've seen shoplifters tryna leg it before but it was just dealt with by the security guard...

so...anyone work in Sainsbury's who can shed some light on the issue??

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe it means this is your chance to escape satansburys???

Probably should know since i worked there for a bit, but hey, i don't :p:
Reply 2
I don't work there, but Code 10 is the generic call for a shoplifter. We used it when I was working for Currys.
Reply 3
Mad Vlad
I don't work there, but Code 10 is the generic call for a shoplifter. We used it when I was working for Currys.

Oh cool; now I know what to listen out for :ninja:
Reply 4
I worked sainsbury for a couple of years, but never heard a code 10. we did have a code 8, which was used for shoplifters, i think.
Reply 5
CODE 10! ****ING RED ALERT!
Reply 6
cjmcnair
ok, just wondering if anyone who works in Sainbury's can teel me what "Code 10"....:confused:

this is because during shopping someone over the microphone said "Code 10, Front Side" and ALL the Sainsbury's staff in the isles legged it towards the entrance, even some fat blokes in suites that must have been from out the back...

i've seen shoplifters tryna leg it before but it was just dealt with by the security guard...

so...anyone work in Sainsbury's who can shed some light on the issue??

Thanks

i work there! mo idea what a code ten is!

might be something to do with fire! but i have no idea
Reply 7
So if it was shoplifting, why would ALL the staff from the aisles run towards the entrance then? If it were me I'd hide behind the Granny Smiths.
Reply 8
Maybe someone becoming violent, if they all just ran to the front?
Reply 9
PseudoPhoenix
i work there! mo idea what a code ten is!

might be something to do with fire! but i have no idea

I work for Sainsbury's too... I refer to it as "The pit of hell". Store no 0744, bet you can't guess where I am!

I can't remember exactly what a code 10 is, but I think it is something like shoplifting or similar. It's definitely something serious, might be a member of staff being attacked or something.

If it was a fire, the fire alarm would be set off.
kam
Maybe someone becoming violent, if they all just ran to the front?

Still, you'd duck out the back window, rather than play John McClane rolling over to the scene with a price checker in your hands...
Reply 11
Ole_Gunner
Still, you'd duck out the back window, rather than play John McClane rolling over to the scene with a price checker in your hands...

Nah, the On-line shoppers would box you in with our huge great trollies, which are probably filled with all the water that some people feel they need to order. You wanna road-block an aisle? Just get everyone on STY shopping chilled. You can't move for trolleys. Most hellish!!
code 10 at halfords is a shoplifter.
more specifically member of staff immediately to the checkout.
Louenn
I work for Sainsbury's too... I refer to it as "The pit of hell". Store no 0744, bet you can't guess where I am!

I can't remember exactly what a code 10 is, but I think it is something like shoplifting or similar. It's definitely something serious, might be a member of staff being attacked or something.

Yeah probably shoplifters then, if it was something REALLY important you'd think these upstanding, loyal, committed J. Sainsburys' employees would have had it drilled into them. OP did you see any Scousers about?
Reply 14
LePinkPanther
So if it was shoplifting, why would ALL the staff from the aisles run towards the entrance then? If it were me I'd hide behind the Granny Smiths.

Standard procedure. All the managers create a "wall of steel" across the entrance. Nobody in the right mind is going to try and charge a line of 20 managers for the sake of a bottle of vodka.

And, it's a management thing by the way - general assistants aren't required to help. (Tis like that at Morrisons, where I used to work)
Mad Vlad
Standard procedure. All the managers create a "wall of steel" across the entrance. Nobody in the right mind is going to try and charge a line of 20 managers for the sake of a bottle of vodka.

And, it's a management thing by the way - general assistants aren't required to help. (Tis like that at Morrisons, where I used to work)

God, you've had some good jobs...
Reply 16
icantthinkofacoolusername
God, you've had some good jobs...

Outstanding, I know. I'm working for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors now.
Louenn

Nope :p:

0672 all the way :rolleyes:

what a crap place to work!
Reply 18
hey, in the shop i work in they use it to call the security guard when some1 has finished their shift...so he can assist us upstairs with the money so we dont steal anything!
Mad Vlad
Outstanding, I know. I'm working for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors now.

Well done.

I'm sure you could get a guiness record with that one...

Quick Reply

Latest