The Student Room Group

Is it possible to transform your grades in two months?

Is it even possible to push your grades up in two months :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yes it is! Just work harder and start your intensive ( REALLY INTENSIVE ) revision now!! Good luck! :smile: What subjects are you taking?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
yes, yes, yes.

Past paper practice is key. DO them with mark scheme alongside
If you are talking about from B to A. Yeah its possible but from C to A forget it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Teacher for 23 years here. It's hard but I've seen it done countless times. Seen a kid go from D to A from mocks to real exam. If you want it hard enough & Follow the advice of your teachers and people you trust to be authoritative it can be done. Exam technique is critical. I would also use flashcards - make them yourself. Revise it bursts of 50 mins at a time.
Reply 5
Original post by AsandaLFC
If you are talking about from B to A. Yeah its possible but from C to A forget it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is possible from C to A, I went from a C to A in chemistry.
Original post by Kangie
It is possible from C to A, I went from a C to A in chemistry.

OP is not doing one subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
OP is not doing one subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm talking about GCSE lol I raised my grades by at least 1 in every subject.
Dude stop. OP cant go from D/C to A in 2 months. Impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
probably not from D/C to A, but from B to A sounds more realistic.
Reply 10
Why are you being so negative? It's not impossible. I did it myself and I'm sure many other people did it as well. As long as you're focused and know your weak points, you can build yourself up from there. Don't know what your problem is, don't bring people down lol.
What on earth? Loool

Of course you can do it. 2 months is plenty of time. You could read the whole book and make notes in 2-3 weeks.

Do that, then do past papers on weekends.

An A is not hard, it's merely going over it/rewriting it to ingrain things into memory or practice of theories (e.g. maths until it is natural and easy to spot).

Source: Went from a D/C in Economics mock to an A* in exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
2 months is enough time. Some people do it in one day.
Original post by iAmanze
What on earth? Loool

Of course you can do it. 2 months is plenty of time. You could read the whole book and make notes in 2-3 weeks.

Do that, then do past papers on weekends.

An A is not hard, it's merely going over it/rewriting it to ingrain things into memory or practice of theories (e.g. maths until it is natural and easy to spot).

Source: Went from a D/C in Economics mock to an A* in exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope 😃.
Original post by Gott
Was that just hyper ultra optimism or do you know someone who's literaly done this somehow?

I know a guy that literally revised Biology the night (All nighter) before and got an A. He bunked like the first few months of college as well. His attendance was terrible.
Absolutely ! Make a revision plan and start tomorrow, stick to it, give generous breaks/free time and don't be unrealistic in the amount of work you can get done each day (this was my problem at first). It won't be fun but it'll be worth it, just think.. You can either work your ass off just now or you'll find yourself working for the guy who did.
Reply 16
Yeah.. Use revision guides and a range of revision techniques! Good luck just believe in yourself!
Dude stop. OP cant go from D/C to A in 2 months. Impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not true. I know people who went from Ds to A* in three months across their subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Raymat
2 months is enough time. Some people do it in one day.

I always did the one day thing. Never crossed 50% mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iPixelBlue
probably not from D/C to A, but from B to A sounds more realistic.

Exactly. 2 months is just a short period of time. Thats like doing 4 subjects, 1 in 7 days. Is it possible to effectively revise one subject in seven days ? Yeah maybe suren if you are already a B student. But a C/D student no ****ing way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest