The Student Room Group

Can you change subjects you have in year 12 in year 13?

I'm currently studying AS Biology and AS chemistry, clearly I will continue these.
But the ones I want to change are the Btec Business and Btec Ict,
At least I want one more A level. Like Art, or Photography or media or any other one.
Only your school/college can answer this.
There is nothing in A level regulations to prevent it but it may be impossible for them to timetable you to attend classes to complete a full A level in one year. Don't underestimate the workload required for a full A level in art. If you want a decent grade it will be very time consuming. Is there a reason why you don't want to switch from BTEC to A level in one of your existing subjects? Although they will be a different syllabus I would have thought the overlap would make it somewhat easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've found out from my school that I can change SUBJECTS.
First of the Btec I already have I can do instead a Btec subliminary diploma which is equal to an A level. Or I could do As level a year and stay one year more.

But I don't want to do that. As you said and the school said I can do As and A2 in year, but it will be a lot of handwork.

I still need to decide which option to choose or if there the possibility change to completely different subject and do it in a year.

Thanks for help me out
[Ps: Can you do As and A2 courses outside school as extra classes?]

Quick Reply

Latest