Bristol or UCLWatch
I am from Hong Kong and I have studied in the UK for 7 years.
I have applied to both UCL and Bristol and received offer (AAA) to study mechanical engineering.
- Great international reputation
- Great link with industries
- Variety of courses in second year (such as mechanical engineering with business finance) as I am not sure if I want to study PURE engineering.
- Great city, many people told me its great to live in London.
- Many opportunities to meet new people
- Expensive to live in London
- Not that great at engineering.
- Great engineering department
- Great city with a good student community.
- Cheap to live in Bristol
- Great link with industries as well
- Not as internationally recognized
- Smaller city?
So yea guys,
The main factor I need to consider is its international reputation, I am not planning to work in the UK after uni so I need a uni that is useful, recognized by the world.
Money is a bit of an issue but I can work during my study in London to make up some cost.
But is it worth it for going into a great engineering department but risk not being as internationally recognize as UCL?
If you are a student in these Unis please give me your thoughts and If you were me, where would you choose and why. Thanks a lot.