The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Liberty Point or Callice Court?

I really can't decide between Liberty Point or Callice Court?
(Sept 2015)
Liberty Point is very strict with guests (you can only have 2 and its a nightmare if you want them to stay over) but its very secure.
I would recommend Callice Court, for the same price the kitchen facilities are better and you get a larger bedroom and bed. Callice Court is also closer to the university and has a more sociable atmosphere.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by caileighm
Liberty Point is very strict with guests (you can only have 2 and its a nightmare if you want them to stay over) but its very secure.
I would recommend Callice Court, for the same price the kitchen facilities are better and you get a larger bedroom and bed. Callice Court is also closer to the university and has a more sociable atmosphere.

Have you stayed at Callice or just seen it? :smile:
Original post by rainbowsloth
Have you stayed at Callice or just seen it? :smile:

I stay in Raglan House which is run by the same private company as Callice and is the same but smaller. I have friends in both Callice and Liberty so I've spent lots of time in both.
I stay in Raglan House which is run by the same private company as Callice and is the same but smaller. I have friends in both Callice and Liberty so I've spent lots of time in both.

Do you know how they sort the rooms? Like will I be put into a flat with people my age/first years/similar people?
Also if I wanted someone to stay a few nights would they mind?
Don't worry if you can't answer, thank you! :smile:
You'll usually be put in a flat with people who are also first years, but it's first come first served so there is a small chance you could be placed with one or two second years although they apply through a different process so it's rare.
age and similar interests aren't considered, it's just a random process.
in Callice court guests are totally fine, you can have guests come and go at any time, as many as you like. But in Liberty they're quite strict on overnight guests, I think you're only allowed two a month.
You'll usually be put in a flat with people who are also first years, but it's first come first served so there is a small chance you could be placed with one or two second years although they apply through a different process so it's rare.
age and similar interests aren't considered, it's just a random process.
in Callice court guests are totally fine, you can have guests come and go at any time, as many as you like. But in Liberty they're quite strict on overnight guests, I think you're only allowed two a month.

Thank you so much! This helped a lot :smile:
Reply 7
You're allowed 2 a week, not two a month. It's only so your kept safe and people just aren't wondering round and getting free rent in the halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would NOT recommend Callice Court. For what you pay, it's rubbish. Everywhere looks really rundown, unless you're in the new build flats or the communal areas like the common room (1 for the whole site). The actual internal flats in the old buildings, which aren't that old and account for 4/6 (I think?) of the number of blocks. Inside the flat, the communal areas are really grubby. The sofas are ripped/dirty, the appliances are crap. You don't get much for your money. The staff are nice, and are happy to fix any problem, but there have generally been a LOT of issues. Crappy appliances = faulty appliances. The internet is terrible too, and when you want it fixed you have to ring up the company yourself (and they fob it off as if it's a problem with your device not their internet).
Source: I live at Callice currently, and I have friends in other blocks/flats here too.
Original post by PunctualUnicorn
I would NOT recommend Callice Court. For what you pay, it's rubbish. Everywhere looks really rundown, unless you're in the new build flats or the communal areas like the common room (1 for the whole site). The actual internal flats in the old buildings, which aren't that old and account for 4/6 (I think?) of the number of blocks. Inside the flat, the communal areas are really grubby. The sofas are ripped/dirty, the appliances are crap. You don't get much for your money. The staff are nice, and are happy to fix any problem, but there have generally been a LOT of issues. Crappy appliances = faulty appliances. The internet is terrible too, and when you want it fixed you have to ring up the company yourself (and they fob it off as if it's a problem with your device not their internet).
Source: I live at Callice currently, and I have friends in other blocks/flats here too.

What would you recommend?
And what is makes the internet bad?
Reply 10
I'm in the same position! I would love somewhere with good student atmosphere and to be with mainly first years as it will be more fun.
callice I believe is closer to the building I will be in and closer than Liberty but I don't know what to choose :-(
Reply 11
Original post by lucy2506
I'm in the same position! I would love somewhere with good student atmosphere and to be with mainly first years as it will be more fun.
callice I believe is closer to the building I will be in and closer than Liberty but I don't know what to choose :-(

Hey Lucy, Callice and Liberty are literally opposite each other so I wouldn't worry about distance! Have you been to visit either of them yet? As they're not university owned you should be able to book a viewing at your convenience :smile:

- Josh
i am also stuck between calice/victoria/liberty point !!!!!!!!!!!

HELP :'(
Original post by polinagrey
i am also stuck between calice/victoria/liberty point !!!!!!!!!!!

HELP :'(

They pick for you so I wouldn't worry. Personally I'm hoping for Callice :smile:
Original post by rainbowsloth
They pick for you so I wouldn't worry. Personally I'm hoping for Callice :smile:

What made you choose Callice over Victoria ?

Well i hope in the end we get what we wish for :smile:
What course would you be in?
Original post by polinagrey
What made you choose Callice over Victoria ?

Well i hope in the end we get what we wish for :smile:
What course would you be in?

Callice seems more sociable and there was more information online about it, it's also bigger which appeals. However if I got Victoria I wouldn't be too upset, it does look really nice!

Thank you!

Occupational Therapy, how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending