Will doing Triple Science have an affect in my life?

Watch
Ukvoltaire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am in Year 9 now, and I am currently able to do Triple Science for GCSE now. Triple Science is P1,2,3, B1,2,3 and C1,2,3. But how will this affect anything to do with my career?

Does it matter whether I do Triple or Double Science?

By ukvoltaire
scriberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nope, people only care about maths and eng gcse
rumana101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
not really
Tarte Tatin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. A-levels are far more important than GCSEs.
username1673629
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It adds numbers and, potentially, A/A*s so it depends, I think. If you're not especially good at science then go with double, it won't make that much of a difference.
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really, but if you want a science based career, Triple Science would help you. It'd also help if you wanted to do an A-Level science, but it's not mandatory

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ukvoltaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by jakemac)
It adds numbers and, potentially, A/A*s so it depends, I think. If you're not especially good at science then go with double, it won't make that much of a difference.
I am already confirmed to do Triple Science, and I am currently studying B1, P1, and C1.
peanutbutterjam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you decide to do science a-levels you'll be slightly ahead of everyone who didn't take triple science
username1673629
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ukvoltaire)
I am already confirmed to do Triple Science, and I am currently studying B1, P1, and C1.
Well, no I doubt it will help very much. As stated above it might help with A-Levels but really won't make that big a difference.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am in Year 9 now, and I am currently able to do Triple Science for GCSE now. Triple Science is P1,2,3, B1,2,3 and C1,2,3. But how will this affect anything to do with my career?

By ukvoltaire
I would only advise you to take Triple science if you enjoy it and are good at it. Also if you want to do a career that involves science or take a Science A level. If i were you i would take this opportunity as it has an advantage eventhogh some people here are saying it does not matter? Technically it does not make a big difference as to whether you do Triple or double but like i said doing Triple has an advantage.

"If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small."
Ukvoltaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
I would only advise you to take Triple science if you enjoy it and are good at it. Also if you want to do a career that involves science or take a Science A level. If i were you i would take this opportunity as it has an advantage eventhogh some people here are saying it does not matter? Technically it does not make a big difference as to whether you do Triple or double but like i said doing Triple has an advantage.

"If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small."
Can you explain the quote "If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small".
German123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you explain the quote "If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small".
Basically it means that you should aim high. You have to read in between the line to understand stuff like this.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If your school offers triple science and you don't take it then unis will know.

If you think you might want to do science A levels then triple science is preferred.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

By ukvoltaire

"When you determine what you want, you have made the most important decision of your life. You have to know what you want in order to attain it."- Douglas Lurton.
06shawm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Triple science will definitely help a lot with a level. The extended units i.e B3, C3 and P3 helped a lot with AS since I noticed there was quite a lot of overlap in content. This was the case for when I took them, especially with chemistry, although the syllabus may have changed slightly since then.
Si1980
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

Whether you decide to study double or triple science won't have a massive impact on your life. I did double science at GCSE (my school didn't offer triple science at the time) and it's perfectly acceptable to colleges and universities. Triple science just allows the sciences to be taught in greater depth and allows you to distinguish between them more easily. This might help you choose your A-levels with greater accuracy, if you are thinking of a science based career in future and obviously prepare you better for if you choose A-level sciences.

Good luck choosing.

Si.
Rhetorical Hips
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to study a science-based subject that is competitive, or at a top university, then it's probably best you do it. I've never seen anywhere that says it's essential, but if the competition is high then you'll want to get as much of an advantage as possible. It also helps with A-level science. If you have the ability and the interest in science then I think you should do it.

Obviously if you're not looking at this career path then it's not as important. It helps with A-level science but isn't essential by any means, and yes when applying to uni AS grades are more important. It also helps if you have a passion for science, if you are completely uninterested in science then it will probably just seem like a chore.

Probably best you speak with your parents and teachers about this, but it is your decision at the end of the day.

EDIT: A lot of people saying that it really doesn't matter - it depends on what you want to do in life, if it's what I described above, then it DOES matter...
Mr P 123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

By ukvoltaire
Not particularly, but if you are looking at a career that involves a science, I suggest Triple. I'm completing B3, C3 and P3. They are not very hard so there is not much difference really
Rainbowhorror01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Triple Science is a lot more interesting (I love P3!) and many colleges/six-forms will require it if you want to do science at A-level. It gives you an idea of whether you would want to take it for A-level and just makes you feel generally awesome when you're learning about Quarks and The Haber Process; stuff that only the triple-science students learn. At my school everyone in the top set took triple-science, and are generally considered to be the best and brightest. Basically, if you can't handle triple-science, you won't be able to handle A-level science.
username1445684
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

By ukvoltaire
It really doesn't. Your school might not let you do a-levels in science if you do poorly in double but aside from that...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (23)
26.14%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
10.23%
No I am happy with my choice (50)
56.82%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.82%

Watched Threads