iamnotme
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For a UK student, is it hard to get into McGill? I'd be an arts major, according to their entry requirements I'd need AAB but would it be best to aim higher than that anyway? Do they like to see lots of extracurriculars, and do they like you to be a well-rounded person or show dedication to your subject? (I realise you don't have to choose your major until your second year but I assume they would like to see that you have some direction and commitment to your studies?)

Also, having done A levels I understand that this translates to 30 credits already and therefore you can theoretically skip your freshman year classes and go straight to your sophomore major classes, is this right? Would I be allowed to take the freshman classes anyway and still complete the degree in 4 years even if I don't need to?

Thanks for your help
Okorange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
McGill is easy to get into for a Canadian student and it is just as easy for a UK student. If you meet their entry requirements and you are applying to Arts you are almost certain to get in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads