The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Life's too short to wait for the other to approach, use every opportunity
The annoying thing is whenever I start to really like a girl, I can never just come out and say it, I either let it get buried inside of me, or leave very subtle hints which they never pick up anyway. I just get too embarrassed to tell them.
Reply 122
kokopops
no....i mean like...there is an obvious line between friendship and more than friendship...

Perhaps, but it's in a different place with every girl and every friend, and moves depending on the time of the month. I'm sure you'd be lying if you said you aren't occasionally "friendlier" (ie, when it is you that crosses the line) with some than others, and it's confusing.
El Asesino
Life's too short to wait for the other to approach, use every opportunity

A girls have feelings you know, they are not just walking sex dispensers you know.
Reply 124
wiwarin_mir
Oh come on, you are not going to try a hit and miss approach when crossing said lines, you need to get to know them and start a good relationship and never attempt to do anything unless you know the other person feels the same.

I think thats a bit paranoid sounding to tell the truth. Yes, don't do anything stupid, but let's not go too far in the other direction either.
wiwarin_mir
Would flirting be included with friendship.

yeh...kinda depends tho....on what type of flirting, if its all touchy feely stuff id say no to it being in friendship, but...i would say just verbal stuff it would be friendshippy stuff but could also be relationshippy too...confusing rite!?
calumc
Perhaps, but it's in a different place with every girl and every friend, and moves depending on the time of the month. I'm sure you'd be lying if you said you aren't occasionally "friendlier" (ie, when it is you that crosses the line) with some than others, and it's confusing.

I have friends that I fancy the socks of, but I just remain as friends with them, although I must admit the the occassional lapse and a bit of line corssing.
calumc

no i definately am more friendly with others depending on how close i am with them, but if im touchy feely with a guy, like my hand rests on their thigh or like leaning on em, chances r i like em as more than a friend
Reply 128
kokopops
yeh...kinda depends tho....on what type of flirting, if its all touchy feely stuff id say no to it being in friendship, but...i would say just verbal stuff it would be friendshippy stuff but could also be relationshippy too...confusing rite!?

"kinda depends though" is what the problem is - it makes it bloody hard to tell. Yet we get at least a verbal bitch-slapping if we get it wrong.
Reply 129
The spelling error in the thread title is driving me mad :tongue:
Gimp

deal with it, I am.
Reply 131
Gimp

Yes, I keep getting strange images of said friend letting loose thousands of gleeful lemming-like furry creatures upon the world!
There is this girl I have recently developed a crush on, despite not knowing her for very long, but I cannot bring myself to tell her, as I am not sure what she will do. She likes the same kind of things as me, inlcuding music, she is single, as far as I know and she likes me and the way I look.
I really don't know if I should tell her or not, as it might frighten her or something.
calumc
Yes, I keep getting strange images of said friend letting loose thousands of gleeful lemming-like furry creatures upon the world!

hmm, so that is how you picture a virginity, I thought it would be more like a flying reptile.
Reply 134
wiwarin_mir
There is this girl I have recently developed a crush on, despite not knowing her for very long, but I cannot bring myself to tell her, as I am not sure what she will do. She likes the same kind of things as me, inlcuding music, she is single, as far as I know and she likes me and the way I look.
I really don't know if I should tell her or not, as it might frighten her or something.

Tell her when you're drunk - or better, when both of you are.
calumc
Tell her when you're drunk - or better, when both of you are.

I never get drunk and anyway, she doesn't live near me.
Reply 136
wiwarin_mir
I never get drunk and anyway, she doesn't live near me.

If she doesn't live near you you may aswell tell her then, you've got nothing to lose.
calumc
If she doesn't live near you you may aswell tell her then, you've got nothing to lose.

She might not talk to me again though, I don't want that, we seem to get along well.
Reply 138
wiwarin_mir
She might not talk to me again though, I don't want that, we seem to get along well.

If you know her well you should be able to tell if she's likely to be the "not talking to you" type. She'd get over it anyway, and no need to assume the worst.
calumc
If you know her well you should be able to tell if she's likely to be the "not talking to you" type. She'd get over it anyway, and no need to assume the worst.

I will try it, but I if I come back depressed, I will have failed.

Latest

Trending

Trending