The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Anyone going to Plymouth College of Art 2015?

I was wondering if anyone on here is going, and have decided about accommodation? I'm looking at house shares around Plymouth as Unite is so pricey, but I don't want to be stuck on my own or with loads of people just from Plymouth Uni!
Thanks for any information :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi There
You can enquire with Clever Student Lets or Sams Accommodation they may be able to help you in finding others from Plymouth College of Art who are looking for privet accommodation (I believe they have done in the past).
Very best of luck with it all!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hi My name is James and I have a daughter in Plymouth half way through her midwifery degree. She has a spare room and would offer rent free accomodation in exchange for helping out with her 2 boys aged 4 and 5. She often has to do night shifts at the local hospital (Derriford) and lives alone with the boys.

Can you see this as being of interest to you?
Reply 3
My 2 friends and I are going to Plymouth College of Arts and we're all taking Game Arts and we're all still looking around for accommidation and we found out houses are a whole lot cheaper than Halls and such, but we can't seem to find some that are strictly 3 bedroom, which is ashame since they both have a bit of anxiety and having an accommidation of 6+ other people will be a bit much, especially if they're the loud and partying type lol.
Yes! I'm planning on studying film - anyone else? I've had a look around at accommodation and it is very pricey. I'm travelling overseas so I know nobody to even share with. I'm considering 'The Clubhouse' although it only has 8 rooms. It sucks that they prefer 'groups' to share accommodation :frown:

​update - 'the clubhouse' is completely booked up!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm going in September, I'm most likely going to halls but I've hit road block too.
Reply 6
I'd be looking really to share a house with a few people, there are some pretty cheap ones that have good rates for groups, anyone thinking similarly? It would be great to be able to form a small group to get a place with on here, I really don't want to be paying £125 per week for halls when I could be paying £70 privately for an en-suite room!
(I'm studying Illustration and am not a totally mad partying type- if that helps :P)
Reply 7
Original post by ayejade
I'm going in September, I'm most likely going to halls but I've hit road block too.

what are you studying? :smile:
Hey, I will be studying Game Arts as well from fall, but I don't really have a group to find the accommodation with yet :c Also looking for a cheaper range of living :smile: Wouldn't mind renting the place with a group :3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by bry000ny
what are you studying? :smile:

Photography! What about you?
Hi, I am going to Plymouth College of Art in 2015 to study Editorial Photography, and I am staying in Unite Students Accomodation. They take 1st Years in full time education, and they are all flats with anywehere up to 8 rooms? Is anyone else staying in Unite? :smile: :P
I'm looking at the Unite Students Accommodation, but I am wondering which would be better, Central Point or Discovery Heights? Also their price is still a bit high :c
Central Point is cheaper and I think marginally closer and the accomodation has just been done up so it is very modern. :smile:
Reply 13
I was originally planning on Central Point however the price is very high and the reviews were low. I'm now thinking about getting a shared accommodation however I don't know anyone yet! If anyone is interested in getting a few people together to get a house it'll be way cheaper, so let me know!
I decided to book a room to a shared student house with a more reasonable price, I found it through spareroom.com, there are actually quite a lot of options, that seems trustworthy and in good conditions. Central Points seems a little too expensive for me too, especially for the first year.
Reply 15
I downloaded the spareroom app so I'll see how that goes!
Hi,

I have 1 double room available in shared house on North Road East, it is with Plymouth Uni people at the moment but when I was there plenty of people went through unite and into shared houses and got mixed so I don't think it is an issue. If you are interested let me know. Its a nice big room and the house has just been refurbished. The rent is £94 which includes all your bills, TV licence and internet.
Reply 17
Original post by bry000ny
I was wondering if anyone on here is going, and have decided about accommodation? I'm looking at house shares around Plymouth as Unite is so pricey, but I don't want to be stuck on my own or with loads of people just from Plymouth Uni!
Thanks for any information :tongue:

I have my interview for photography coming up and if im accepted im defintly going I to am abit confused about acomadation I wnted somewere nice with a on suite if anyone wants to talk get to know someone drop me a message, also anyone with interview experience woud help if you could tell me what to expect.
Reply 18
Original post by Timid
My 2 friends and I are going to Plymouth College of Arts and we're all taking Game Arts and we're all still looking around for accommidation and we found out houses are a whole lot cheaper than Halls and such, but we can't seem to find some that are strictly 3 bedroom, which is ashame since they both have a bit of anxiety and having an accommidation of 6+ other people will be a bit much, especially if they're the loud and partying type lol.

hey im not doing game arts but I would like to know a few people around campus and such before I go if your intrested in talking drop me a message.
Reply 19
I am studying BA Graphic Design at PCA in September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending