The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Anyone going to Plymouth College of Art 2015?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mitchelljf
Game arts here too (one of kaxrens friends). Staying in halls at central point in flat 209. Any roomies about?

i will be staying at central point in flat 209, aswell as going to pca for animation,
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 61
I'm staying at central point in 207 studying fashion at PCA 😁
I have my interview on thursday For costume production... Stressing about accommodation if i get in because i am going through clearing!!
Hey, is anyone here starting the hons Commercial Photography this year? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by MaxStyles
Hey, is anyone here starting the hons Commercial Photography this year? :smile:

Yep, I'm on the BA Commercial Photography starting later this month. Are you? :biggrin:
im a current student and i thought id help you guys out: most houses in plymouth are pretty much the same layout, but have been changed inside so they vary from 5-9 bedrooms, unless theyre 3 stories. the best areas to live in are greenbank and lisbon, theyre close to the college (5 min walk) but not so close u get drunk people coming home from the clubs and bars on north hill keeping you up all night. if you have anxiety, dont worry about "partiers" being your housemates, theyre human beings so theyll likely listen if you ask nicely for them to pre somewhere else (honestly though pre-ing will not be the most annoying thing your housemates will do) and if they ignore a reasonable request motivated by a diagnosed medical condition you have solid grounds to contact the agency and theyll mediate, although itll likely only take an email to sort it out. DO NOT use clever student lets!! i was drawn in because pca endorse them but they are terrible agents!! very helpful when it comes to taking your money but not much else... i live with them now and since september this house has had a broken boiler (4 months to get fixed) broken window panes that stay open by over an inch (still not fixed), damp and black mould (just painted over), internet on and off for hours (still not fixed), broken appliances, dodgy electrics on the hob which actually almost electrocuted someone.... basically they own too many houses and cant maintain them. theyre filthy to move into, probably years of grime and stickiness... also dont do halls. you pay an extra up to £60/week for a novelty that wears off after a month or so... best bets are private landlords (because their reputation is their business and students talk) and home and student link is meant to be good... good luck!
Original post by princeinigo
im a current student and i thought id help you guys out: most houses in plymouth are pretty much the same layout, but have been changed inside so they vary from 5-9 bedrooms, unless theyre 3 stories. the best areas to live in are greenbank and lisbon, theyre close to the college (5 min walk) but not so close u get drunk people coming home from the clubs and bars on north hill keeping you up all night. if you have anxiety, dont worry about "partiers" being your housemates, theyre human beings so theyll likely listen if you ask nicely for them to pre somewhere else (honestly though pre-ing will not be the most annoying thing your housemates will do) and if they ignore a reasonable request motivated by a diagnosed medical condition you have solid grounds to contact the agency and theyll mediate, although itll likely only take an email to sort it out. DO NOT use clever student lets!! i was drawn in because pca endorse them but they are terrible agents!! very helpful when it comes to taking your money but not much else... i live with them now and since september this house has had a broken boiler (4 months to get fixed) broken window panes that stay open by over an inch (still not fixed), damp and black mould (just painted over), internet on and off for hours (still not fixed), broken appliances, dodgy electrics on the hob which actually almost electrocuted someone.... basically they own too many houses and cant maintain them. theyre filthy to move into, probably years of grime and stickiness... also dont do halls. you pay an extra up to £60/week for a novelty that wears off after a month or so... best bets are private landlords (because their reputation is their business and students talk) and home and student link is meant to be good... good luck!

Hi princeinigo,

We're really sorry that you’ve had a bad experience and would like to offer our full support in helping with the problems you're experiencing.

Please feel free to get in touch at [email protected] or you can contact me directly at [email protected], we can then arrange to meet or talk with you and our Student Support team.

Although we don’t manage the Clever Student Lets buildings, we do work in association with them and take any complaints from our students very seriously. We will do our best to work with Clever Student Lets to ensure any problems can be sorted out as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Emily Dymond
Tours and Outreach Officer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending