JoeTech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

Does anyone have a spec checklist and question packs for the topics? My school entered me for the IGCSE as well as GCSE to try and get an A/A*
CancerousProblem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
for cie you have a fairly short non calculator
a calculator paper
and an investigation paper

the non calculator paper you dont really need to prepare its mostly free marks. the calculator paper is slightly harder, but you don't really need to learn much, it's just common sense. You might want to learn some set notation and circle theorem though if you feel a bit shaky.

The investigation paper is kind of a slightly odd paper, it's not very difficult though but it's a bit different to what you normally get at school. You might find it quite fun, try a few past papers on it just to get used to the style until you feel comfortable
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CancerousProblem)
for cie you have a fairly short non calculator
a calculator paper
and an investigation paper

the non calculator paper you dont really need to prepare its mostly free marks. the calculator paper is slightly harder, but you don't really need to learn much, it's just common sense. You might want to learn some set notation and circle theorem though if you feel a bit shaky.

The investigation paper is kind of a slightly odd paper, it's not very difficult though but it's a bit different to what you normally get at school. You might find it quite fun, try a few past papers on it just to get used to the style until you feel comfortable
I'm not sure which qualificiation you are thinking of but it's not CIE IGCSE maths.

CIE IGCSE consists of 2 papers and both are calculator papers. There is no 'investigation paper'.

EDIT: You're referring to the international mathematics IGCSE which is different to the standard CIE IGCSE.
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoeTech)
Hello,

Does anyone have a spec checklist and question packs for the topics? My school entered me for the IGCSE as well as GCSE to try and get an A/A*
For a checklist, do you need something other than the official syllabus? And do you mean past paper questions?

If you're just looking for regular questions then you probably need an IGCSE textbook.

I've been teaching the IGCSE for a few years now so if you have any IGCSE questions between now and the exam, feel free to PM me.
JoeTech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by notnek)
For a checklist, do you need something other than the official syllabus? And do you mean past paper questions?

If you're just looking for regular questions then you probably need an IGCSE textbook.

I've been teaching the IGCSE for a few years now so if you have any IGCSE questions between now and the exam, feel free to PM me.
Yah a check list that has all the core paper and extended info on so I can revises from it and yah past paper questions that are aimed at the B to A*.
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoeTech)
Yah a check list that has all the core paper and extended info on so I can revises from it and yah past paper questions that are aimed at the B to A*.
The CIE website has the syllabus and past papers.

Extended (A*-C) past papers will be any paper number beginning with a 2 or 4. So that's 21, 22, 23, 41, 42, 43.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads