ReputationRep:
    i cant believe ukraine won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa7)
    ukraine ;/
    has ukraine won?

ahh so they have..shame i thought the two dancers of Greece were very fit

ReputationRep:
    ukraine was the *****est. i wanna be pm just so i can pull us out of this stupid comp!

ReputationRep:
    random!! why the ukraine??

ReputationRep:
    UK was a **** song with a **** composition. Germany made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Is Ukraine that Xena one? She looks hot.

That commentator should stop complaining as well.

ReputationRep:
    Complete crap.

And I could think of other words to describe the scoring.

The EBU really need to sort out this political voting - like Wogan said, you could predict the scores before they had even sung the songs.

Our entry wasn't as good as previous years, particularly Jessia Garlick who come third, but it was still okay, and deserved more points than it got.

ReputationRep:
    Wahey! Ukraine win! I placed a bet on them to win and I won! Wahey! I wish I had bet each way on Serbia too! (I bet for them to win also!)

Great contest, with the usual voting. Cyprus 12 from Greece and vice versa etc. There is no way the EBU can sort out the problem. If neighbouring countries want to vote for each other simply because they are neighbours, how is anyone going to stop them? I am so happy that the awful Greek song didn't win. Terrible, ugh! I am surprised Cyprus didn't come higher, but joint 5th is very good still!

I am looking forward to seeing how Ukraine are going to host the contest next year. Although I will not be in the UK (I'll be in China!) so I need to find a way I can watch it!! Hopefully there will be a good enough internet connection there!!

Our song was boring and dull. We need to get a proper performance for next year. Lots of dancing is needed to win this contest now, so that is what we have to have next year. No more ballads! Give us a magical performance UK!

Well done Ukraine and also Serbia. Goooood stuff Europe!

ReputationRep:
    naked women is all you need - when will we learn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    Wahey! Ukraine win! I placed a bet on them to win and I won! Wahey! I wish I had bet each way on Serbia too! (I bet for them to win also!)
    Same post as the one on the media section.

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine won because they had the best performance.
    Their song was kool as well, she sang it better the second time round.

I personally think that they should make a new voting system...
    The contestants sing their songs, but they are each assigned a number, which after voting procedures is matched with their respective country.
    That way, during voting, you will not know what country you are voting for, but the song you liked the most. There has to be some way of not allowing the origin of the contestant to be know except to their native country, so that no information is leaked out.

ReputationRep:
    cant be arsed to read thru the thread cos im ****ed, but how did GB do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    cant be arsed to read thru the thread cos im ****ed, but how did GB do?
    James came 16th

ReputationRep:
    UKRAINE WON _ CANT SAY IM NOT DISSAPOINTED BUT THEIR ACT WAS COOL.

Dissapointed UK didnt do to well

Norway were absoloutely crap

But I did like Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    I personally think that they should make a new voting system...
    The contestants sing their songs, but they are each assigned a number, which after voting procedures is matched with their respective country.
    That way, during voting, you will not know what country you are voting for, but the song you liked the most. There has to be some way of not allowing the origin of the contestant to be know except to their native country, so that no information is leaked out.
    I was thinking that would be a good way of doing it. But then there would have to be a rule that everyone sings in the same language. If someone starts singing in Russian, it would be quite obvious they were the Russian entry etc. And quite often, the people performing are big stars in their home and neighbouring countries. People from for example Macedonia would know about the Serbian singer etc.

Good idea to banish the stupid voting, but I don't think it would really work. People who live on the borders of 2 or 3 countries could quite easily find out who won in the other countries and tell people... so many problems!

Oh well, we won't ever win Eurovision again because we have no-one but Ireland. What a shame.

Great contest, with the usual voting. Cyprus 12 from Greece and vice versa etc. There is no way the EBU can sort out the problem. If neighbouring countries want to vote for each other simply because they are neighbours, how is anyone going to stop them? I am so happy that the awful Greek song didn't win. Terrible, ugh! I am surprised Cyprus didn't come higher, but joint 5th is very good still!

I am looking forward to seeing how Ukraine are going to host the contest next year. Although I will not be in the UK (I'll be in China!) so I need to find a way I can watch it!! Hopefully there will be a good enough internet connection there!!

Our song was boring and dull. We need to get a proper performance for next year. Lots of dancing is needed to win this contest now, so that is what we have to have next year. No more ballads! Give us a magical performance UK!

Well done Ukraine and also Serbia. Goooood stuff Europe!
    Oh didn t Sweden get 12 pts form Norway, Denmark and Finland?? Didn't Ukraine get 12 pts from Russia, Belarus, Estonia etc?.. Didn t Serbia get 12 pts from Bosnia, Croatia etc? Yea we swaped 12 pts with Cyprus, but we both had great performances. If you liked Ukraine, the cavewoman, it s your problem.

ReputationRep:
    The serbian disco guy was robbed! Robbed!

ReputationRep:
    sweden - the best singer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    The serbian disco guy was robbed! Robbed!
    Um, I think you mean Bosnian. The Serbian song was the one with the violin playing. I must admit, the Bosnian song was pretty cool! Its so god-damn catchy!

ReputationRep:
    Um, I think you mean Bosnian. The Serbian song was the one with the violin playing. I must admit, the Bosnian song was pretty cool! Its so god-damn catchy!
    You're right, that is what I mean.. Ooops. I always get confused about what nation does what, I tend to focus on what they do rather than what they're from.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.